Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2015, 02:17 PM   #61
Who Dares, Wins

It is a bit off topic I suppose... But, sometimes I do wish they did a better job of having the trailers made to actually camp like they do in their adds... Along the ocean, in a favorite state park.. They leave out the whole you will not be able to use a lot of what you see us doing in this trailer right now! LOL

Now I know that is not entirely true but you get what I mean? We had to search at the shows to find a layout that allowed us full access to the kitchen, master bed, bathroom, dinette and bunks with the slide in. We actually stop and rest areas and cannot put it all out. It was hard to find all that. And would it kill them to put decent battery power and an INverter in there? For the money it cannot be that much considering the markup they put on all our trailers!

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 06:56 PM   #62

I didn't get it and instead brought our own loud one that is 2300 watts. We just turned it on and it actually isn't too bad as far as noise goes. The problem I see now is none of the outlets are working to plug in our phones except for the outlet where the TV goes. That's the only one getting power. My husband tested all the outlets and no power except for one
wifeytojosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 07:19 PM   #63
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifeytojosh View Post
I didn't get it and instead brought our own loud one that is 2300 watts. We just turned it on and it actually isn't too bad as far as noise goes. The problem I see now is none of the outlets are working to plug in our phones except for the outlet where the TV goes. That's the only one getting power. My husband tested all the outlets and no power except for one
Probably tripped the GFI outlet.
Usually it's the one in the bathroom.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 07:38 PM   #64

I pushed it and it didn't do anything. This trailer sometimes makes me feel like I am going crazy! Lol....
Old 07-25-2015, 07:42 PM   #65

Scratch that. I just pushed it in with a screwdriver instead of my finger and now they all work 😄
Old 07-25-2015, 07:48 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc73 View Post
It is a bit off topic I suppose... But, sometimes I do wish they did a better job of having the trailers made to actually camp like they do in their adds... Along the ocean, in a favorite state park.. They leave out the whole you will not be able to use a lot of what you see us doing in this trailer right now! LOL

Now I know that is not entirely true but you get what I mean? We had to search at the shows to find a layout that allowed us full access to the kitchen, master bed, bathroom, dinette and bunks with the slide in. We actually stop and rest areas and cannot put it all out. It was hard to find all that. And would it kill them to put decent battery power and an INverter in there? For the money it cannot be that much considering the markup they put on all our trailers!

Right?! It's a joke sometimes trying to be at peace on vacation when I am wondering why my outlets aren't working. Ugh.....I wish these had generators built into them so when you unplug from shore power, the generator kicks in so you go on enjoying a vacation without any worry. We have never dry camped before so we didn't even use any lights last night. I had lanterns in the trailer and around the camp site to keep it lit. Good thing was this morning it was still 2/3 full.
Old 07-25-2015, 07:50 PM   #67
Who Dares, Wins

Glad it is working out now. What is fun without a bit of drama! RIGHT! LOL

When we dry camp we use lanterns, disposable plates and such to save water and such. I know it is not green but I prefer the quiet and peace vs the generator running.

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 08:01 PM   #68
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifeytojosh View Post
Right?! It's a joke sometimes trying to be at peace on vacation when I am wondering why my outlets aren't working. Ugh.....I wish these had generators built into them so when you unplug from shore power, the generator kicks in so you go on enjoying a vacation without any worry. We have never dry camped before so we didn't even use any lights last night. I had lanterns in the trailer and around the camp site to keep it lit. Good thing was this morning it was still 2/3 full.
That's why it's always recommended that you use Camp Driveway to test and familiarize yourself with your RV.
Too many new owners take off to the campground before doing this and end up frustrated.
It would have been a good idea to test out dry camping while at home, before heading to the campground.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 11:10 PM   #69

The power issue is why we have a Toy Hauler. We like the space, the generator and the last few years The Solar and inverter. BUT Hang in there a year or so and you will have things the way you like them.
Tom48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 07:59 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom48 View Post
The power issue is why we have a Toy Hauler. We like the space, the generator and the last few years The Solar and inverter. BUT Hang in there a year or so and you will have things the way you like them.
But then it will be time to get another one. Notice I said another, not new. That will be 3 or 4 down the road.

Glad you got your power back! Now put the hair dryer away. When you can find a small low wattage one just for the trailer. It is the main cause for tripping the bathroom GFI.

Jim
oldtool2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 04:26 PM   #71

Quote:
Get a good, but light duty PURE SINE wave 2000 watt (try DonRowe.com out of Oregon) and you can run the Micro too as long as you are not going to try to cook for a long time.
I figured we would burn it out everybody does there first time, so we went cheap.
Pursell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 11:57 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pursell View Post
I figured we would burn it out everybody does there first time, so we went cheap.
You can start out with an half decent modified sine wave, and that will run a TV or in my case since the TV is 12 v I use either a little 200 watt or a 400 watt that I keep handy to run my Direct TV box. I just decided that for the Micro or hair dryer or what ever that makes heat would heat up too much on a Modified Sine so I opted for the Pure Sine I blew the first one up and it might have been my error, but Don Rowe and Samlex replaced it no questions asked. That was part of how I got so well acquainted with tech support from both companies and found them to both be totally responsive.
Tom48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping, dry camping, first time