Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2017, 12:24 PM   #1

Electric in 2018 Mini Lite 1905

Hi, wife and I have the 1905 on order, this question I should have asked the dealer, and still can but thought I would ask here...

Is everything electric in the trailer 12 volt, and stepped down when shore powered or on generator, or... ??

I may have answered my own question here, but the fridge runs on propane or 120v, it has a microwave too, are they hard wired 120v or is there an inverter from 12v battery to step up to 120v?

The a/c I assume is hard wired 120v.

Is the led tv that comes with the trailer 12v, or 120v?

When connected to shore power or generator, is there a battery charger built in to keep batt charged?

Getting back into rv'ing, camping after 30+ years of being away from it.

I won't ask if a 3000w inv/generator will power the a/c while using tv, lights etc.

Thanks for any input!!

Doing all the thinking, planning for getting back into rv'ing, get one thing answered and I come up with 10 other things I need to find out about. Haha!
6CatDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 12:42 PM   #2
Site Team

Howdy 6CatDaddy, and welcome aboard.

The below is a copy and paste, and I usually recommend it to those just starting out. Some of it, you may already know, or may not be applicable to your particular RV. You will be able to filter out what pertains to your situation or not. I would suggest you read the electric threads and energy management first, and then the converter thread. This will help explain your different electrical systems of your RV, and how they operate...as well as what the converter does.

You can just peruse at your leisure:

Basic electric:

Basic RV Electricity - RV Information (RV Maintenance)

RV Electric

Your very important converter:

RV Converters and Amp Draw - RV Information (RV Maintenance)

Suburban water heater (if applicable to your RV):

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...tml#post327988

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ml#post1527599

Water Heater bypass/crossover valves:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...st-103381.html

And the newest addition to help understand what constitutes a true full cylinder in refilling vs exchanging propane cylinders

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ng-133760.html

Hope this helps.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 01:36 PM   #3

Thanks so much!

Your post will answer my questions!
Old 08-10-2017, 02:00 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6CatDaddy View Post
Hi, wife and I have the 1905 on order, this question I should have asked the dealer, and still can but thought I would ask here...

Is everything electric in the trailer 12 volt, and stepped down when shore powered or on generator, or... ??

I may have answered my own question here, but the fridge runs on propane or 120v, it has a microwave too, are they hard wired 120v or is there an inverter from 12v battery to step up to 120v?

The a/c I assume is hard wired 120v.

Is the led tv that comes with the trailer 12v, or 120v?

When connected to shore power or generator, is there a battery charger built in to keep batt charged?

Getting back into rv'ing, camping after 30+ years of being away from it.

I won't ask if a 3000w inv/generator will power the a/c while using tv, lights etc.

Thanks for any input!!

Doing all the thinking, planning for getting back into rv'ing, get one thing answered and I come up with 10 other things I need to find out about. Haha!

I can go down the list for you...

1) Most is 12V except for outlets, ac, and usually the tv. There is a converter that takes the 120 to 12V when on shore/gen.
2) Fridge is propane or 120. The micro is 120 only. No inverter.
3) AC is 120 only
4) Tv is 99.9 times only 120. They do make 120 and 12V tv's, but not usually standard.
5) Yes, batt will charge on shore or gen
6) 3000W gen may work, may not. I have two Honda 2000's that work. I tried a Champion and it didn't work. Friend has the Firman and it works for him. Never know with generators.
Old 08-10-2017, 04:37 PM   #5

Thanks!

Yeah, the generater dilema is all over the place when it comes to the a/c.
Old 08-11-2017, 05:10 PM   #6

We have the 2017 model year. Pretty much everything is 12 V except the microwave, the outlets, and the AC. The "Owners Manual" is about as useful as a fart in a space suit. It gives you very little useful information. We do boon-docking and rely on solar power for our battery. We are still on the manufacture's battery which is holding up, however we are very power conscience.

Enjoy your trailer
Cheers
Less is More is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric, lite