Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-17-2014, 07:04 AM   #1

Unhappy Electrical outlets inoperable on kitchen side

I have a 2013 Sandpiper 365 SAQ and I'm pretty sure I tripped a breaker on the kitchen side of my 5th wheel but when I checked the breaker they were all fine, I checked all fuses they were all fine and the only GFCI plug I could find was in the outside kitchen, it was tripped so I reset it, but still have no power in my kitchen plugs outside plug, or the storage electrical outlets, I have searched for another GFCI plug in that area and cannot find can someone please help. Thank you in advance Cesar
Cnjble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 07:10 AM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnjble View Post
I have a 2013 Sandpiper 365 SAQ and I'm pretty sure I tripped a breaker on the kitchen side of my 5th wheel but when I checked the breaker they were all fine, I checked all fuses they were all fine and the only GFCI plug I could find was in the outside kitchen, it was tripped so I reset it, but still have no power in my kitchen plugs outside plug, or the storage electrical outlets, I have searched for another GFCI plug in that area and cannot find can someone please help. Thank you in advance Cesar

I would suggest manually turning the breakers completely on and off again, as they can be tricky sometimes.

You can usually have a gfci in the kitchen and the bathroom areas (near sinks), that will cut power to all outlets wired downstream of them. I would think you would have one in the inside kitchen area.

Have you checked the bathroom for a tripped gfci as well? We have seen a tripped gfci there, affect the outlets in other areas of RV's.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 07:18 AM   #3

WMTire

Yes I did the reset of all breakers got my power test out and check it line on fuses also, I looked in the bathrooms also, could not find a GFCI there or in the kitchen unless Forest river put one in an odd area that I'm just not seeing. Thank you for the reply though, I know it has to be something simple but I'm stumped
Old 07-17-2014, 07:21 AM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnjble View Post
Yes I did the reset of all breakers got my power test out and check it line on fuses also, I looked in the bathrooms also, could not find a GFCI there or in the kitchen unless Forest river put one in an odd area that I'm just not seeing. Thank you for the reply though, I know it has to be something simple but I'm stumped
I would find it odd, they didn't place one near the sinks in both the bathroom and kitchen. You are correct, it may be hidden, even underneath an overhanging cabinet.

EDIT: I glanced at a youtube video of your RV, where a salesman did a walkthru trying to spot outlets. Is there a gfci outlet on the wall to the right of your stove or on the wall to the left of the sink?

He didn't go in the bathroom, so I couldn't see there.

Also, I saw where there is a place for washer/dryer. Anything there?

EDIT 2: It looks like I also saw another outlet on the bottom cabinet face, in front of your kitchen sink.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Old 07-17-2014, 07:25 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
I would find it odd, they didn't place one near the sinks in both the bathroom and kitchen. You are correct, it may be hidden, even underneath an overhanging cabinet.
They might be tied to the one outside. My TT only has one, in the bathroom, that also cuts power to the two in my kitchen.
Old 07-17-2014, 07:41 AM   #6
Site Team

EDIT 2: It looks like I also saw another outlet on the bottom cabinet face, in front of your kitchen sink....right below the countertop. On my travel trailer, this is where my kitchen gfci is located.

Old 07-17-2014, 08:00 AM   #7
Director, FROG

Check your inverter/converter. There might be two breakers on it, and they're often tied to opposite sides of the RV. See if one of those is tripped.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:22 AM   #8

WOW OK gentlemen I have found my issue and fixed it there was a GFCI inside my storage area where I had no idea there was a plug, I reset it and it fixed it all, but as a result of my OCD to figure this out I pulled my panels that go under my rig in the storage area and discovered my shower drain has been leaking!!! had mold on carpet and calcium build up on my water heater hose connectors!!!

Thank you all for your input! my Wife and I are full time now for past 2 years we are in the Army and I have been discovering the little things that go bad along the way so its been an education but we love this life! You all have a great day and one last thought would it be wise to change out my electric socket with regular house style that are more durable than these cheap plastic ones just curious
Old 07-17-2014, 08:32 AM   #9

I would change them if they are not tight enough to hold a male plug good and solid.
PhoneDude 8289 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric, electrical