Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2016, 07:20 AM   #1

Electrical problem, flasher

I have a Forest River, Rockwood HW277. All the lights work properly except for my right turn signal. It’s not a burnt light since I switch it with the left turn light and it still doesn’t work. When I apply the brakes the light turns on, but still not my right turn signal. My Jeep Liberty 2005 lights all work fine including the signal light.

The hitch and other electric paraphernalia were aftermarket installed.
Hitch system is Husky 31421/319856/31995

Could it be the Electric break control (Quest)?
I have the wiring diagram for the electric jack, pigtail. It says the right turn and stop is the brown wire. But the stop works fine, its the right turn signal that doesn’t work.

How do I proceed in troubleshooting this problem? I have a multimeter.

All suggestion appreciated.
Old 05-01-2016, 07:28 AM   #2

What are you getting at the Trailer plug from the TV. Some Dodge Jeep vehicle's have Body controllers that control all lighting. Our 2003 wont put out left turn signal (it does rear brake light and the vehicle is fine). I hade to install half a Trailer wiring kit to get it working on our trailers.
'01 Exiss 300MT Weekender

A wife and two dogs, isn't that enough?
rclogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 07:40 AM   #3

Electrical problem, flasher

You are incorrect. Green is the correct wire for right turn signal. Check the terminal on your tow vehicle side first. Gets more complicated from there. If you have good power coming from your vehicle, check both sides of connector for bent/burnt pins. If all looks well, slide under front of TT and should be a junction box that 7 pin harness goes into.

I have one of those testers that plug into the 7-pin that show me all is well coming from tow vehicle- I use it to make sure I have 12v each time I hook up as that is the most common fuse that blows. About 7 bucks at Wally World.

2014 Evo 2850 "Woodstock"
2011 Toyota Tundra "Clifford"

Just glad to get away
HONDAMAN174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 07:56 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HONDAMAN174 View Post
You are incorrect. Green is the correct wire for right turn signal.
I found the problem near a 4x4” metal box behind my Jeep bumper. The box made it easy to identify the cable, it was green. I did not need to look far for the damage, only inches away the cable cut in two on a sharp metal edge. I fused it back together and insulated the wire with a wire shrink. I also moved the wires to a safer location behind the bumper. Now everything works well.

Thanks for your help

Tags
electric, electrical