Old 07-26-2013, 09:45 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesley View Post
I have been reading your advise as I have a similar problem with the DC power to my "new to me" 2011 Rockwood Freedom 1910 pop-up trailer. The 110 current works fine. The power lift works fine (which works off the battery, of course). I have no 12V current to the lights and ceiling fan inside the trailer. I have replaced all fuses including the one just off the battery which did need to be replaced (the other fuses were okay). I replace the momentary switches that are engaged when the sink/stove galley is lifted in place. You mentioned something about a circuit breaker about 18 to 20 inches -ufrom the battery. Do you mean the fuse or is there something else under the front tongue that needs to be checked. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Lesley.
Most pop-ups have a safety switch to cutoff all DC power to the camper when the sink is swung down. Put yours down and you'll see the paddle switch between top and bottom of counter. Try to operate the switch by hand and see if you can get it to "throw". If not get out the meter, it may be bad.

Old 07-26-2013, 09:52 PM   #32
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Its possible that you may have one of these down on the frame rail.

Name:   mM-R9PMEIf4ylCyRCIcGt2g.jpeg
Views: 226
Size:  10.9 KB

It is also a possibility that your galley switch is stuck or has failed .
This switch shuts off 12v power when pop up is down.

Turbs

Old 07-26-2013, 11:52 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesley View Post
I have been reading your advise as I have a similar problem with the DC power to my "new to me" 2011 Rockwood Freedom 1910 pop-up trailer. The 110 current works fine. The power lift works fine (which works off the battery, of course). I have no 12V current to the lights and ceiling fan inside the trailer. I have replaced all fuses including the one just off the battery which did need to be replaced (the other fuses were okay). I replace the momentary switches that are engaged when the sink/stove galley is lifted in place. You mentioned something about a circuit breaker about 18 to 20 inches from the battery. Do you mean the fuse or is there something else under the front tongue that needs to be checked. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Lesley.
That fixed our problem...Fingers crossed! Yes, it was that fuse! But we also had a short on the electric plug in from the camper. The one that would plug into a campsite electic outlet or generator. When we wiggled that the alarms would "almost" go off. So replaced that as well ( added a new plug in end). Everything working fine at the house again but hopefully will work at the beach next weekend! Simple fix but thankfully this site/forum pointed us in the right direction! Not new to the pop up at all...But when stuff happens...We are so glad we have this site to help us! She's no young chicken but we love her dearly! I'm sure someone can help if this doesn't ! Good Luck and happy camping )

2003 Forest River Flagstaff 208
Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:57 PM   #34
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by swendol View Post
We have no tail lights, brake lights or turn signals on Sunseeker 3050S, Traveling without owners manual. We assume it's a fuse, but we need help!
I'm no mh expert but yes you should have fuses out in the engine compartment and or under the dash.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:08 AM   #35

Did you check your battery? Just an after thought...What about ground fault receptical(sp*) and your ground wires? Those wires needed a little cleaning as well

Old 07-27-2013, 12:12 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceU View Post
Most pop-ups have a safety switch to cutoff all DC power to the camper when the sink is swung down. Put yours down and you'll see the paddle switch between top and bottom of counter. Try to operate the switch by hand and see if you can get it to "throw". If not get out the meter, it may be bad.
Thank you for your response. I did replace the switches you are talking about...there are two. Also, I did depress the switches by hand. Still no DC power inside. I do not know what to try next.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:15 AM   #37

Did The GF actually reset? (It will click and pop back out) One in and one button out?

Old 07-27-2013, 09:32 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesley

Thank you for your response. I did replace the switches you are talking about...there are two. Also, I did depress the switches by hand. Still no DC power inside. I do not know what to try next.
Turbs suggested the circuit breaker or resetable fuse on the frame rail between the battery and the interior of the coach. Can be in the open or in a small plastic enclosure. Need a meter or test light to check.
Old 07-27-2013, 09:49 AM   #39
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:

Turbs suggested the circuit breaker or resetable fuse on the frame rail between the battery and the interior of the coach. Can be in the open or in a small plastic enclosure. Need a meter or test light to check.
Then can be all rusty and getting no power through as well.

Name:   1000937ys8.jpeg
Views: 200
Size:  5.3 KB
Old 07-27-2013, 08:53 PM   #40

Quote:
I will check this. Thank you for your input.
Lesley.