Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2013, 12:21 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Firefly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 15
Exclamation Electrical problems

HI,
We have used our flagstaff for 5 years with no problem. This season is a different story We have no power at all? We have checked fuses, breakers, bought a new battery, replaced GFI and still no power. We are so frustrated. Looking for some help of what else we can try.
Please help! We want to go camping!!
__________________

__________________
Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 12:30 PM   #2
Site Team - Lou
 
Herk7769's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Eastern PA
Posts: 21,169
Flagstaff travel trailer or 5th wheel?

No power meaning No 12 volt DC; No 120 Volt AC or both?
__________________

__________________

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 12:30 PM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
HI,
We have used our flagstaff for 5 years with no problem. This season is a different story We have no power at all? We have checked fuses, breakers, bought a new battery, replaced GFI and still no power. We are so frustrated. Looking for some help of what else we can try.
Please help! We want to go camping!!
Look for one of these by your battery.
It should or may be resetable.



Name:   mM-R9PMEIf4ylCyRCIcGt2g.jpeg
Views: 935
Size:  10.9 KB
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 12:50 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
Firefly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 15
Both! I'll go check the battery for one of those things,,,BRB
__________________
Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 12:54 PM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
Both! I'll go check the battery for one of those things,,,BRB
You have no ac or dc voltage?
Hmmmmm.

You definitely need a digital volt ohm meter.
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 12:59 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
Firefly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 15
No, nothing on battery besides posts/terminals.
I'll make a run to the Hardware store and pick one up now. I'll let you know! Thanks for the info
__________________
Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:05 PM   #7
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
No, nothing on battery besides posts/terminals.
I'll make a run to the Hardware store and pick one up now. I'll let you know! Thanks for the info
That circuit breaker will be maybe 18 to 20" away from battery connected to positive cable.
There also may be more than one
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:14 PM   #8
Site Team - Lou
 
Herk7769's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Eastern PA
Posts: 21,169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
Both! I'll go check the battery for one of those things,,,BRB
Both a travel trailer and a 5th wheel?

__________________

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:15 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
Firefly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 15
Hmmmm
Husband cut off the plug in that comes out of the trailer and replaced it with a new one...We now have AC but no DC!! Tried 2 batteries and neither works and they are both charged.? Would I still need to purchase that volt meter?
__________________
Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:19 PM   #10
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
Hmmmm
Husband cut off the plug in that comes out of the trailer and replaced it with a new one...We now have AC but no DC!! Tried 2 batteries and neither works and they are both charged.? Would I still need to purchase that volt meter?
You have to find that circuit breaker.
There has to be one lol.
Back under tongue if its a Tt attached to the frame?
__________________

__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:24 PM.