Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-05-2015, 03:13 PM   #1
MN SNOWBIRD

Question Error Code on Xantrex Inverter

I have been reading the threads and replies for months and I have found that most requests for help produce a wealth of knowledge and information. Now, I am finding that I need help and am turning to FROG. I have a Xantrex Pro 1000 Inverter for my CC 38FL. It has been working fine for months and was constantly giving the voltage output but now I have noticed that it flashes what has to be an error code. It flashes E05, then OL, then L and keeps repeating this. I have looked at the owner's manual but the manual does not have this error code listed. I got on line to look up any further info from the Manufacturer but came up blank on their website. It is Easter Sunday and I am sure they are not manning their phones. Any ideas or experience with this? HELP!!! My bride and I wintered in Yuma, AZ, presently in Las Vegas and are slowly migrating back to MN. Thanks for your help...............
MN Snowbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 01:25 AM   #2

Did you find any resolution on this? I too am now getting the same code and indication.

John
2014 Dynamax Trilogy 3850RL - South Hampton Interior, Full Body Paint (Black / Silver / White), MOR/ryde Independent Suspension, MOR/ryde Disc Brakes, ONAN 5500 Generator, Progressive Industries HW50C w/Dual Display, Winegard HD Dish w/DirecTV, Washer & Dryer, iSprings 7-stage Reverse Osmosis Water Filter, Trail-Air Flex Air Pin Box, Third AC installed, AC Voltage/Amp Meters, DC Amp Meter, Garnett See Level Tank Sensors, TST 507 TPMS
Retired USAF - Full Timers!
John Hagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 02:29 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN Snowbird View Post
It flashes E05, then OL, then L and keeps repeating this.
I don't know how I missed this thread..sorry.. your E05 OL error is indicating an overload situation where the primary shore power is still available and getting a redundancy error from your power distribution panel. Most likely the pass through breaker has tripped on your inverter.

Once reset you want to ensure your are off shore/gen power before turning on your inverter.

Unfortunately, unless you are manually managing your inverters pass through, it may require you to send your Xantrex in for repair. It's not at all a detrimental error.. aka.. no need to cut a trip short.. You'll just have to be more "hands on" until the auto pass through switch has been repaired.

Disconnect from shore/gen power before engaging your inverter as well as in reverse. turn off (not standby) before reconnecting to shore or gen power.
rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 10:28 AM   #4
MN SNOWBIRD

My problem went away after leaving the campground and plugging into shorepower at another campground. After having this problem and FROG members expounding on the benefits of a surge protector I now own a 50 amp protector but wish it were hard wired as I constantly worry about theft. Plugging into 50 amp service doesn't guarantee it was properly wired and/or delivering constant amperage. I now always plug in surge protector first.....before connecting to the 5er. Beware of the power outlets!!!!!!
Work is OK but retirement is much better!
MN Snowbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 09:26 AM   #5

I am also getting the error codes as well. Where do I find this pass through breaker that you refer to.
CTGREG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inverter