Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2012, 06:43 PM   #1

Exact size of trojan T105 ?

Does anyone have a Trojan T105 handy to measure ? I am having to build a new battery box and I want to build it so that I can put two T105s in when our current batteries die. I have the measurements from the Trojan website (264x181x295) but it looks from the pictures that there might be some flanges for want of a better description on the batteries. They are going to be a tight fit and I would hate to build a box only to find that they don't fit in the future, so if anyone has one handy could you measure the maximum width and length for me and not just the size of the box section ?

Hopefully that makes some sense ?

Thanks
Old 06-22-2012, 09:14 PM   #2

Trojan Battery Company
Old 06-22-2012, 09:22 PM   #3

Thanks for the link, but as I said in my original post I already have the length and width from the website. I was looking for confirmation that they are correct as I have bitten before on battery dimensions where the stated numbers were the rectangle box section and the actual battery had a flange that presumably is used to join the top section of the battery to the casing in manufacture. This was not included in the dimensions and hence the batteries did not fit. I am trying to avoid a reaper performance, if I can.

I think he dimensions I originally quoted were actually for the 145 but no matter height is not an issue as I will design the box to accommodate the larger batteries. I am concerned about length and width as this is where I am restricted on the tongue.

Thanks
Old 07-02-2012, 03:40 PM   #4

My answer to that question was to buy a battery box for the batteries and build a braket for the tongue to fit the box. Weld the 'frame' or bracket to the tongue, bolt the box to the frame & install the batteries.

I ordered the battery box online through ebay - Green Mountain Battery, dual 6V GC2 size battery box.
Attached Images

2005 Surveyor SV-230
Bennington Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:39 PM   #5
Hob

Trojan...isn't that a birth control device?
Hob is offline   Reply With Quote