Old 05-19-2016, 03:56 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJAbbott View Post
No, don't even no the guy except his video and web site. He wants like 200-255 for his kit depending on what gen u have.
Not that, take two: aceinspp posted and then another user, Later RJD, posted next. That is how you sign your posts each time. Just found it interesting. What are the odds. Have a great day.

ChipBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 12:06 AM   #12
Blog: RVroadtripper.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipBruce View Post
aceinspp and Later RJD: Are you two in cahoots?
Speaking of Cahoots...

I use to travel but I can't ever remember being in Cahoots. All I ever heard was you had to be with somebody when you go. I did once manage to see the sights in Cogito and thankfully no one recognized me. By now you probably recognize that I can be often found in Sane. If you want to join me, there's no airport so you can't fly in... you have to be driven.

Sorry couldn't help myself ;-)

Oh and just so I make some attempt to stay relevant to this thread, I created a PDF with that great info that was provided earlier. I did add a tank and a hose. PDF attached to this message
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Champion 3100 Extended Fuel DIY.pdf (596.3 KB, 77 views)

Maxxis 16" E; Ride Rite AirBags w/AirLift 1 wireless compr; Adv.Folding 4 Cover Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5erhitch on Reese Flipball w/Curt 4" offset ball LCI Ground Control 3.0 4pt + 2pt Elec.Rear stabilizers; 3 Slidecovers; 10ft. Portabote 6000# Dexters; mor/Ryde CRE3000 w/HD Wetbolts; King Dish Tailgater; 5hp Outboard Dual A/C; Furrion 48 Rear Camera; Champion 3100 Inverter w/Extended Run
hbillsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 10:57 PM   #13

Please ignore previous PDF

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbillsmith View Post
Oh and just so I make some attempt to stay relevant to this thread, I created a PDF with that great info that was provided earlier. I did add a tank and a hose. PDF attached to this message
I posted that parts list for the Champion 3100 DIY kit yesterday and then today I again reviewed the video to check off everything. Sorry, but that earlier PDF does NOT have the correct parts.

Today, I am uploading two newer, more accurate PDF files attached.

File "Champion 3100 Extended Fuel DIY final.PDF" is the correct parts list. Everything sourced from Amazon.

File "Champion 3100 Extended Fuel DIY screens.PDF" has a collection of screen captures from the video showing where and how each part is used. The screens are in order from the video left to right.

TO MODERATOR: Feel free to delete that earlier message PDF and all.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Champion 3100 Extended Fuel DIY final.pdf (410.5 KB, 77 views)
File Type: pdf Champion 3100 Extended Fuel DIY Screens.pdf (536.0 KB, 81 views)
Maxxis 16" E; Ride Rite AirBags w/AirLift 1 wireless compr; Adv.Folding 4 Cover Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5erhitch on Reese Flipball w/Curt 4" offset ball LCI Ground Control 3.0 4pt + 2pt Elec.Rear stabilizers; 3 Slidecovers; 10ft. Portabote 6000# Dexters; mor/Ryde CRE3000 w/HD Wetbolts; King Dish Tailgater; 5hp Outboard Dual A/C; Furrion 48 Rear Camera; Champion 3100 Inverter w/Extended Run
Old 05-21-2016, 10:15 PM   #14

Champion Inverter Easy Extended Run DIY

Today, I checked viewing these PDF files attached on a Samsung tablet and was surprised at how clear the commented screen captures are with pinch/zoom viewing. Hope this helps someone.

File "Champion 3100 Extended Fuel DIY final.PDF" is the correct parts list. Everything sourced from Amazon.

File "Champion 3100 Extended Fuel DIY screens.PDF" has a collection of screen captures from the video showing where and how each part is used. The screens are 2pages in order left to right.
Old 05-22-2016, 06:30 AM   #15

Looking good

Quote:
Today, I checked viewing these PDF files attached on a Samsung tablet and was surprised at how clear the commented screen captures are with pinch/zoom viewing. Hope this helps someone.

File "Champion 3100 Extended Fuel DIY screens.PDF" has a collection of screen captures from the video showing where and how each part is used. The screens are 2pages in order left to right.
Thanks looks awesome. Lot better than my original post. Unexpected team work... Just awesome.
Old 05-22-2016, 08:39 AM   #16

I built mine for maybe about fifty bucks, the most expensive thing was the boat gas tank. A Honda will actually suck gas through the gas cap. You drill a threaded hole in the gas cap, it's like hooking up a boat motor. I used the same fittings. Worked like a charm. I used the same gas hose that came for the boat, I just put a fitting in the hose so you could hook up two Honda's

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 07:19 PM   #17

UPDATED: Champion Extended Run Kit

A couple of times previously, I posted a DIY parts list for the Champion 3100 Extended Run kit. After again reviewing the video and getting messages from others, an update to the parts list and screen shots is order.

The main 2 changes are:
1) Decided against the Koeler kit and went with a Honda OEM fuel pump and
2) Video's PCV tube shows a miniature check valve, not an automobile PCV valve.
Both new parts are sourceable at amazon. Total price is now about $74 (up from$55). Tank and Tank Hose if you need them are $87.

Attached here are the two newer, Version 2 PDF files with the parts changed.

File "Champion 3100 Extended Fuel DIY finalv2 materials.PDF" is the correct parts list. Everything sourced from Amazon.

File "Champion 3100 Extended Fuel DIY finalv2 screens.PDF" has a collection of screen captures from the video showing where and how each part is used. The screens are in order from the video left to right.
Old 06-23-2016, 10:15 PM   #18

I have now ordered all the parts in a single Amazon order. Last items to arrive June 30th. I will do the install when it all arrives. Also, I plan to photo each piece so mfg. Item numbers will be visible. I will update this thread then.
Old 07-15-2016, 10:23 PM   #19

Just curious if you ever got this installed and how is it working?

Quote:
I have now ordered all the parts in a single Amazon order. Last items to arrive June 30th. I will do the install when it all arrives. Also, I plan to photo each piece so mfg. Item numbers will be visible. I will update this thread then.
Old 07-15-2016, 11:42 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbmet View Post
Just curious if you ever got this installed and how is it working?
I photographed every piece and verified them against the video. I wrote out instructions and all the parts are sitting here ready to install. Just haven't gotten around to it. I still think this going to be an easy one or two hour job.

Tags
inverter