Old 07-23-2012, 09:33 PM   #11
An open neutral can do this as well, then the neutral currents will travel thru the ground (camper chassis) and give a tingle.

That little $4.00 tester is a good cheap companion to carry along.

99 F250 Super Cab Short Bed 7.3 Powerstroke
84 24' Yellowstone Camino (oldie)
Acableguy06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:48 PM   #12
You more than likely have more than one problem. The receptacle in the garage is probably miswired so that the hot and neutral are reversed. The TT also probably has the neutral connected to ground somewhere. Probably a screw through a cable or a cable rubbed through to some part of the metal frame. A blown water heater element could also do it but I wouldn't think the problem would go away by changing to a different power source.

WY Husker Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:49 PM   #13
Happened to me once also. When I was outside and touched a wheel cover I would get bit! Finally realized the extension cord I was using had black and white reversed in the plug, reverse polarity. Only way to tell since coach is on tires is touch metal while well grounded (damp grass). Thats why you couldn't tell for two days.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:29 PM   #14
Site Team - Lou
Originally Posted by Hitower View Post
Could it be a problem if the hot water heater is turned off? It hasn't been on this whole time.
Yes, the water heater switch would have to be in the "ON" position but water in the tank could offer enough resistance to prevent a breaker trip.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:08 AM   #15
I have a 2012 Rockwood and the water heater element burnt out ( don't leave electric side on when tanks empty ) anyways the trailer was electrified before I replaced element. Not a huge shock but something to piss you off for sure. Changed element and problems gone. Good luck.

jaycemak is offline   Reply With Quote