Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2019, 10:40 PM   #1

Exterior light fixtures

Ok, I have ten thumbs, but can often figure things out. These have me stumped.i can't figure out how to change the bulbs on the porch light nor on the jack light on our Shasta Oasis. There must be some voodoo that I don't understand. Any help is greatly appreciated.
I think that I was able to upload pictures of the fixtures.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190120_113440.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	178.9 KB
ID:	205580   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190120_113500.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	327.0 KB
ID:	205581  
KellyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 11:31 PM   #2

Those orange and clear covers generally have little tabs on them that slide into slots on the housing. On the picture of the orange one, I can see one on the bottom center of the lens.

Often just pushing upward from the bottom of the lens will allow the bottom tab to slide out of it's slot and then you can pull the lens down so the tabs at the top come out of theirs.

If that doesn't work, a small straight edge (small screwdriver, pocket knife, etc.) slid in next to the tab on the bottom and a little pressure upward that way will do the trick.

I will say be gentle, I have cracked one before.

Tags
exterior, light