Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2015, 09:46 PM   #1

Exterior lights wiring.

Hey all

I am installing a strip of LED lights outside the trailer just below where the awning meets the trailer. The problem I have is how to get power to the lights. My thought is to drill a hole in either the top or the side and run the wire down to the exterior light switch by the door. I wanted to check to see if I will be able to do that.

My concern is getting the wire down the wall to the switch, which is right below the light. There only 3 feet away and straight down. Also should I drill the roof of the side. I know that either way I will have to seal the cr&% out of the hole but I don't know the preferred location.

Any other suggestion are welcome.

Ed

Bianchina3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 07:03 AM   #2

I ran my led rope lights from the back to where my electric awning arm is and attached it with clips to the am which stays on the trailer....ran it down to where I could hook it under the 5ver and drilled a hole in my storage compartment box and plugged it into a timer to my 110 outlet in the basement.
cpaulsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 12:07 PM   #3

Man that seems like way more work then I was thinking. The lights are 12v so I just wanted to hook into an existing switch.

The other option I have is to run the wire on the outside directly to the light fixture but then I would have to hide the wires with tape or something. It would look horrible.

Ed

Bianchina3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
exterior, light, wiring