Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2013, 11:58 AM   #1

Fan-tastic fan install

Has anyone installed a Fan-tastic fan in the bedroom of their Rockwood 8289ws?

If so, how did you wire it?

Thanks!
Rsharrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 01:21 PM   #2

Just removed the inside plastic trim and found seven wires running through there. Hoping one will be a 12 volt un-switched line. Six are two wire lines and are the same size, and look like, lamp cord. The seventh also looks like lamp cord but is larger, 10 AWG. Each is color coded. I checked the circuit breaker box but didn't see any wires that matched up. Also checked the wires at the reading light over the bed and they did not match either. Any electricians out there who can help me determine if any are un-switched 12 volt?
Old 10-14-2013, 01:41 PM   #3

I'm interested in this also
Old 10-14-2013, 04:35 PM   #4

Just about finished installing a Fan-tastic fan in the bedroom. I had a hard time finding a tan roof caulk to match my Diamond package. Local dealer had none, neither did other RV stores nearby, Dicor does not make a tan, and Forest River told me they couldn't help me because UPS will not ship it. Finally, contacted the roof manufacturer and they sent me two tubes via FedEx. Maybe FR should switch to FedEx?

If you do this, be cautious when removing the leveling caulk around the old vent. It sticks to the roof membrane and you can easily tear that roof material. Took about an hour to get the old one off.

I easily found an un switched 12 volt line to power my new fan and all is hooked up and working as advertised. I did find the inside trim piece that came with the fan was too short, about 1 1/2 inches. A phone call to Fan tastic fans and the proper trim piece is on the way.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:52 PM   #5

I found tan Dicor brand, both self leveling and non leveling sealant, at Camping World.
tomjsas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:33 PM   #6

I didn't check Camping World. I did call an online outfit in Texas and they told me Dicor didn't do tan? Thanks for the info as I'm sure I will need more.

Tags
fan