Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2014, 05:58 PM   #1
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Regina, Sask.
Posts: 125
Fireplace circuit breaker

Hi all
We are camping and weather isn't very warm so tried running fireplace but doesn't work. The circuit breaker to microwave/fireplace pops when switch to fireplace. To make a long story short checked 110 volt plug behind fireplace and all wires are attached. Pulled switch (microwave/fireplace) and found a white wire that had pulled out of marrette. Thought I had problem fixed after re-crimping all white wires and put back together but breaker still pops. I don't have my VOM with me as this is first trip of the year and meter is one of a few things that I left behind.
I do have a voltec at home but since I can't put power on this line is there another way of tracing the line from switch to plug?
Does anyone know how the wiring is routed from switch to plug to give me an idea of where the wiring could have rubbed somewhere?
Sorry for the long post and hope to get some info from anyone.
Ken & Janet
'07.5 GMC 2500 D/A CC/SB
'09 SABRE 31RETS-6
wingriders is offline   Reply With Quote


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:04 AM.