Old 07-01-2015, 09:10 PM   #1

First time with DC fuse problems

In our new Sabre, twice I've had the bunk house and pantry lights kill their fuse. Each time I put a new fuse in it held fine... Until this trip. Setup Monday evening and that fuse was blown. Replaced it today once camping and it immediately blew again. Tried going to a 20a(cause it's what I have left) in place of the 15a and it still blew.
Once I get new fuses tomorrow I'll turn off the affected lights, at the fixture not wall switch, and see if u can isolate the problem. Of course this is warranty but not till winter . Any help appreciated.

No lights in those two areas isn't bothering me. It's beautiful and I'm camping for 11 nights at a great state park!!
Joel

jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 12:28 PM   #2

Any luck finding what it was??
I M having a similar problem ,with my lights on the slide. Fuse keeps blowing. I looked underneath for chafed wires but didn't find anything.

Old 09-24-2015, 01:13 PM   #3

First time with DC fuse problems

Haven't yet. Once in a while the fuse will hold for a couple hours, then blows again. Gong to be hard to trouble shoot. My guess is a wall staple thru the wires somewhere. I'll either get it fixed with warranty this winter or run a new 12v line myself
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 02:44 PM   #4

Good luck,yes I'm troubleshooting, similar situation. In my case it either works or blows instantly. So it has to be that during travel it move and either touches a staple and ground out or not.
I just bought on amazon a tool for $25. That send a tone in the wire and than you follow down the wire with a probe and it will isolate the break or short.i will let you know how it works I recieve it on sat. And plan on troubleshooting over the weekend. I have a fifth wheel hemisphere 36bh

Tags
first time, fuse