Old 10-18-2016, 06:23 AM   #31

If this happened after a couple years I would say maybe it vibrates loose. But this was blatant negligence. We put the same connectors in our truck because they have generators on the shore lines etc. And we have NEVER had an issue like this. I'm sorry but no defending Forest Rivers lack of quality here it is like I said full on negligence.

Tried the App should have pics now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1476786202700.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	123307   Click image for larger version

Name:	1476786221816.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	123308  

Old 10-18-2016, 07:11 AM   #32
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Pics showed up! Good dea

Old 10-18-2016, 07:57 AM   #33

Lovely new camper isn't it.
Old 10-18-2016, 08:01 AM   #34
Left Coast

Yeah, that does suck.....mine only had 2 furnace ducts almost torn in half, and as I won't use a dealer, I fixed. They had their chance when it was built
Old 10-18-2016, 08:29 AM   #35

"I fixed."

Old 10-18-2016, 09:35 AM   #36

Good pics. OK send the pics to Forest River tell them you want a new panel wired correctly and the rest of the electrical checked by a factory tech. The piece of mind would be worth the trip to the factory.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 09:56 AM   #37

Forest River has the Pics, they have no care in the world it seems to give me the piece of mind it is going to be 100% safe when they are done. Have to say considering the same guy when I asked when I first got the camper for the dimensions and location of the TV backer told me to bring it to the dealer to have the TV mounted (Really!!) I have no faith in them with the latest issue, and will be quite some time before I would again. Heck the table after the second time turning it into a bed the posts pulled from the floor and I had to fix that on my own, ended up needing to turn the base a little and silicone and screw it to the floor so it would hold up and not have all the stress go through the screws also did not use the drill to run them in all the way only to get them started so the threads would actually hold something as well. The existing screw holes had, had the screws spun in the holes and holding nothing, of all the screws two on one base and three on the other were still holding something the rest I was able to pull out with my bare fingers. but my fix sure has held up very well, but guess thats why I am an engineer and not a monkey running in screws as fast as I can. just a simple thought and addition made it ten times as strong.
Old 10-18-2016, 10:06 AM   #38
Left Coast

For the screws that fall out, I use sheet metal screws....deeper threads
Old 10-18-2016, 10:08 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstPuma View Post
Forest River has the Pics, they have no care in the world it seems to give me the piece of mind it is going to be 100% safe when they are done. Have to say considering the same guy when I asked when I first got the camper for the dimensions and location of the TV backer told me to bring it to the dealer to have the TV mounted (Really!!) I have no faith in them with the latest issue, and will be quite some time before I would again. Heck the table after the second time turning it into a bed the posts pulled from the floor and I had to fix that on my own, ended up needing to turn the base a little and silicone and screw it to the floor so it would hold up and not have all the stress go through the screws also did not use the drill to run them in all the way only to get them started so the threads would actually hold something as well. The existing screw holes had, had the screws spun in the holes and holding nothing, of all the screws two on one base and three on the other were still holding something the rest I was able to pull out with my bare fingers. but my fix sure has held up very well, but guess thats why I am an engineer and not a monkey running in screws as fast as I can. just a simple thought and addition made it ten times as strong.
OK thats the solution, fix the problems yourself you will know they are done correctly let this stress inducer go and kick back have a gin and tonic and enjoy camping. To early for Gin and Tonic so I'll have a coffee with you.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 10:22 AM   #40

Location: Minnesota ( wishing we were boondocking in the New York Catskills )
FirstPuma ... pictures, Amazing in a not-good way. Ouch !! There is no excuse for that, period.

For all ... the 120 Volt AC power connections are not intended for the wide temperature changes that an RV will experience. We are connecting dissimilar metals and they will expand and contract differently with temperature. The only "fix" is to tighten them "darn" good and check them, probably once or twice a year (i.e. end of winter, start of fall.) Of course, with the POWER TURNED OFF / UNPLUGGED FROM SHORE POWER. SAFETY FIRST. Or have a proper electrician if you are not very comfortable with the process. This tightening would hold for pretty much all screw-type 120 Volt connections.

Some of the outlets might have "push in" type connections, those are likely best left alone, the sharp points that press into the conductor make a "gas tight" connection and the tension of the spring metal holds it together. Opinions vary as to whether those are "better" than a good tight screw terminal.

Jeff and Abby
Fur Babies - Xandra Sophia (GSD) and Neo (Min-Pin Mutt who thinks he is a cat)
2015 Tracer Air 235 (previous 1994 Veri-Lite 1130 TC)
1998 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab - 360 - 46RE (Built)
Jeff_and_Abby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric, electrical, forest river