Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-30-2018, 09:51 PM   #1
Black5trigg

Forester MBS 2401WS Taillight Stays on 24/7

I just returned from an evening walk at my campground and noticed my drivers side taillight is dimly light. I checked all light switches and they are all off. No other lights are on. My taillight assemblies are LED. Does anyone know why only one taillight would be very dimly light and stay on 24/7? Thanks for any and all suggestions to help me resolve this issue.
Black5Trigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 10:53 PM   #2
Senior

There is a controller for the tail lights that is defective. Forest River had a recall about this and should provide the parts to replace the faulty Curt controller. Normally the problem happens when it rains and the controller gets wet.
Some have solved the problem with waterproof electrical boxes or even plastic bags. I relocated the new controller inside the outside compartment above the generator. The controller is located behind the back bumper on the drivers side.
Contact Forest River about this ASAP since it also can prevent your rear brake, signal and running lights from working with nothing apparent at the drivers seat while driving. There are other threads about this problem on the Mercedes Benz forum.

Bob Fraser
2017 Forester MBS 2401W
sailski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 11:44 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black5Trigg View Post
I just returned from an evening walk at my campground and noticed my drivers side taillight is dimly light. I checked all light switches and they are all off. No other lights are on. My taillight assemblies are LED. Does anyone know why only one taillight would be very dimly light and stay on 24/7? Thanks for any and all suggestions to help me resolve this issue.
Had identical problem. Lift the flap for the trailer connection and clean out any corrosion with a toothbrush or a couple of toothpicks.
namusmc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forester, light