Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-26-2017, 12:01 PM   #1

Front Cap LED strip

Hello, this is my first post, I will get profile setup as I get going, but first I have a question. We just purchased our first FR product. Salem Hemisphere 300BH. This is our third TT, just first FR. Last night was first night in it. There is an LED light strip on the nose cap of this unit. I can't figure out how to turn it on. The tech that walked us through the PDI was clueless about most things, definitely didn't know about this light. I have searched these forums and not been able to find anything. Anyone have experience with these front LEDs and how they work? Thanks!
Newk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 12:05 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered and share your experience. my front LEDs are controlled by a switch on the side wall on the drivers side of the trailer
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 12:19 PM   #3

Sea Dog gave the answer I'd have given -- my 2304DS has the switch on the driver's side of the trailer near the front. It is certainly very helpful for night-time hookups.

2018 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2304DS, 10K Equal-i-zer Hitch
2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 Double Cab 4WD 5.7L iForce V8
FROG Member since March 2017
McRabbet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 06:22 PM   #4

So I found it! Thanks for help guys. It is actually on passenger side. In the front storage area. I had used the light that is in there, but never stuck my head in there far enough to look for another switch. It is in the corner, you can't see it without sticking your head into the compartment and looking almost backwards. Thanks again for the help. It helped me know where to dig deeper.
Newk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 01:11 PM   #5

C you got it, my switch is on passenger side above electric stab jack switch.
Days camped in FR 2011-12 = 77, 13-14 = 98, 15-16 = 129
17 = 81, 18 = 44, 19 = 83, 20= 45, 21 = 76, 22 = 57, 23 = 42
Retired :
satdog01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 02:35 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newk View Post
So I found it! Thanks for help guys. It is actually on passenger side. In the front storage area. I had used the light that is in there, but never stuck my head in there far enough to look for another switch. It is in the corner, you can't see it without sticking your head into the compartment and looking almost backwards. Thanks again for the help. It helped me know where to dig deeper.
That's where the switch is in our SOB as well. Ours is blue and does me almost no good for hookups, it's mounted high enough that the nose shadows things. Makes a cool mood light tho. Lol
Springerdad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led