Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-24-2013, 04:32 PM   #1

Furnance question

I have my 5th wheel plugged in at the house utilizing an extension cord. I haven't winterized yet because we camped last weekend and have another trip (season last) next weekend. We are having a drop in temperature tonight and tomorrow night to approximately 33 / 34 degrees. Is it possible for me to run my furnace at a low temp inside since its only electric ignite and runs off propane?
Old 10-24-2013, 04:35 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to Lloydg Send a message via MSN to Lloydg Send a message via Yahoo to Lloydg
I don't see any reason why you can't, but try to keep the extension cord as short as possible. I'd suggest you use one with 10 AWG wire too.

Heartland Big Country 3150RL
2013 Ford SD F250 4x4 SC; 6.2
Reese 18K Elite w/slider - Rockford, Michigan
Lloydg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 05:42 PM   #3

If you're worried about your water freezing, IMHO I don't think your water will if the only gets to just below 32 degrees for only a few hours. I've had water in my camper many times when the temp drops just below freezing all night without a problem. I don't doubt it would freeze if the temps stayed below freezing for a day or more...then I'd worry.
Old 10-24-2013, 06:04 PM   #4

Your probably right I shouldn't worry about it but I'd hate to have a leak. I gave it a try and it seems to work just fine so at least I know. Thanks