Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2013, 08:31 PM   #1

Furrion F30INR-PS power inlet

I have a Furrion 30amp inlet on my Roo. When we first got it the blue indicator light would stay on whenever it was pluged in to 120 ac. Now however, the light only comes on when I touch the metal plate on the cover.

It dosnt shock you or anything and eveything in the Roo works ok, just wondering if its something I should be concerned about.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:24 PM   #2

Furrion F30INR-PS Round Non-Metallic 30 Amp Inlet with Stainless Plate:Amazon:Automotive F30INR-PS
Old 08-09-2013, 05:53 AM   #3

I'm not familiar with that connection piece. Have you checked for voltage between the metal plate and ground or neutral? If there is any voltage, I'd be concerned.

Is there a wire under the cover that may be pinched or broken? When you touch the cover, it completes the connection and lights the blue light.

Tags
power