Old 08-09-2016, 09:34 PM   #1
Fuse panel Fan Question

I have a 2016 clipper and plugged it in tonight and noticed the fan in the fuse panel was running about an hour later.It shows inside the camper that the battery is full on the panel.Right before that I drained the water heater and checked the anode and tank.So I did pump a good 6 gal or so of water to refill and air out the water system with the 12 volt.With the electric unplugged and running some 12 volt stuff inside the fan doesn't come on but maybe it isn't supposed to? I have only heard it a time or to when we were caping but we were plugged in then.Manual is not much help.

old hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 09:45 PM   #2
The fan cools the converter. If you're not on 120VAC, the converter isn't doing anything, and therefore doesn't need cooling and the fan won't run. If you've drained the battery and then plug into 120VAC, the converter now has to recharge the battery. The fan will now run if necessary. If you're on 120VAC and running a substantial 12VDC load, the fan may run, also.

1988 Coleman Sequoia - popup (1987-2007)
2012 Roo19 - hybid (2012-2015)

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 10:19 PM   #3
Oh ok I will watch it tomorrow because I have time,I unplugged it from the house for tonight.It may have shut off tonight but I had to head in.I came home from camping and left it unplugged for a week and ran a few things with the idea of plugging it in at 50% or so on the panel.Plugged it in and in no time it said full charge and I thought that was pretty quick.Then of course after that ran the pump quite a bit and wife used some lights in there.The battery is probably a little lower than the panel shows if its like the tank lights. LOL Thanks for the help.
old hunter is offline   Reply With Quote

fan, fuse