Old 06-10-2011, 07:13 PM   #1
fuse poping

Our 831 qbss is experiencing a fuse popping. I have tried to replace it but pops the new fuse on contact. TT is 4 yrs old and I would like to fix it myself. Range hood, slideout lights, and front outside hitch light do not work.HELP!

BertDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 09:02 PM   #2
I don't know how good you are electrically but. . . I will assume you are talking 12V. Get yourself the highest wattage 12 V lamp possible and connect it in SERIES between the fuse (load side) and the load. Turn on the breaker and if the lamp glows full brilliance there is a short circuit. If the lamp is dull there is no problem, probably just an overload. In your case the lamp will glow normally. Disconnect each device, range hood, slide out lights etc. one at a time and look at the series lamp. If it suddenly shows a dimmer light you have probably found the problem. Remove the SERIES lamp and try the circuit. It should work fine. Now find the problem with the disconnected device.

oldprof1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 09:44 PM   #3
fuse popping

Thanks I will try that.
BertDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 09:51 PM   #4
blowing fuses equals a short. With the fuse disconnected connect a VOM between the positive side and ground. If you see continuity (0) then you have a short. Start disconnecting things until the VOM reads an open. There is your problem.
donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 11:43 PM   #5
we all have a little different technique.
with all these items switched off u still blow the fuse?
jimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 10:02 PM   #6
It sounds like the same problem I am having with my 2008 Wildwood 31qbss. Have you been able to find your problem?

69 RT is offline   Reply With Quote