Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-07-2018, 01:48 PM   #1

Fuses

We have a rockwood 2504s, wanted to pick up some extra fuses for spares, the booklet we got says to use a ATC style fuse, little fuse type 257. I have tried two auto stores, wallmart, tractorsupply, my dealer said to try them that they would be less expensive. But no one has this type,all they have is a ato type, on line says they are compatable, but you can replace a ato with a atc but not the atc with a ato ?? Totally confused any insight or sugestions please. Thanks
grandpalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 02:02 PM   #2

Fuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpalee View Post
We have a rockwood 2504s, wanted to pick up some extra fuses for spares, the booklet we got says to use a ATC style fuse, little fuse type 257. I have tried two auto stores, wallmart, tractorsupply, my dealer said to try them that they would be less expensive. But no one has this type,all they have is a ato type, on line says they are compatable, but you can replace a ato with a atc but not the atc with a ato ?? Totally confused any insight or sugestions please. Thanks

If it’s for use inside or in a dry environment the ATO style is fine. If it’s to be used where there is moisture present such as under the vehicle or in an exterior battery case, the ATC would be a better choice. See the attached explanation.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0002.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	219.3 KB
ID:	174966
xgarys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 06:13 PM   #3

I had the same confusion. I installed a Littleton 257 ATO inside the trailer and it worked fine. The ATO=Open. An open fuse is Open on the bottom, exposing the fuse element between the blades. I bought mine at O'Reilly Auto Parts and ATO was all they had.
MDHEBERT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuse