Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-13-2018, 09:01 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceinspp View Post
Even if someone was living in it 30amp will do the job and running only one ac done it many a time traveling when 50amp not available. Seems like a little over kill to ad when you already had 30amp. Later RJD
Just because he could get by with less doesn't mean that he should. Since he had the means to do it right I commend him for doing so. Great job!
Andersen hitch
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 09:24 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedarCreekWoody View Post
Just because he could get by with less doesn't mean that he should. Since he had the means to do it right I commend him for doing so. Great job!
Thanks,

I did keep my 30 amp outlet, for when my in-laws come up from Florida. They park their RV next to mine when they come up. I just added the 50 amp service so we both can have enough power to meet any needs, without problems.

I don't like to do things halfway. I want it done right the first time.
Old 02-13-2018, 09:51 PM   #23

I did mine with 120 volts, 30 and 50 amps box. I have boxes in two locations.
Ride_with_me. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 06:20 AM   #24
Team Bleu

I had my electrician install two 30amp posts at two different locations for my 50amp. One location is for storage during winter months the other is when I'm getting ready to pack up and leave for dog shows. This is much closer to the front door and garage.
DBsRedVett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 08:45 AM   #25

i have a 50 amp for our unit then i also have 3 30 amp hook ups for guest
as we have 3 acres and a couple of friends that also live in the country, we take turns hosting holiday camp outs as most camp grounds around us are packed on holidays.
we have a couple of friends that play in bands, so we usually have live music
and several other show up for the fun

Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the journey
muddyrode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 08:58 AM   #26
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Some days I just shake my head.

The OP came here showing they installed a correctly wired 50a service (complete with disconnect withing reach of the outlet) for their new 50a rig.
They even explained why they were keeping the current 30a service intact.

Why anyone would question or criticize this is beyond my comprehension.

To the OP... great job!
Thanks for posting.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 09:24 AM   #27

no, we're not arguing that it's a nice job, but the OP originally made the statement that he had purchased a new 50a coach, and made it sound as if he HAD to install a 50a supply for it... most of us were just commenting that a 50a double-pole breaker outlet is NOT required just because you have a 50a coach, ESPECIALLY since you already have the 30a service in place - no need to 'spend' the extra money for something you don't really have to have.

quote: "So now with the new unit requiring 50 amp service, I put one in for it."

If the OP have clarified from the get-go that the purpose was to be able to satisfy any and all power needs, even if it's just sitting next to the house, or that someone might be living in it during the hot summer months when both A/C units might be needed, then we would all better understand the 'nature' of the post... enjoy : )
formerFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 09:35 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by formerFR View Post
no, we're not arguing that it's a nice job, but the OP originally made the statement that he had purchased a new 50a coach, and made it sound as if he HAD to install a 50a supply for it... most of us were just commenting that a 50a double-pole breaker outlet is NOT required just because you have a 50a coach, ESPECIALLY since you already have the 30a service in place - no need to 'spend' the extra money for something you don't really have to have.

quote: "So now with the new unit requiring 50 amp service, I put one in for it."

If the OP have clarified from the get-go that the purpose was to be able to satisfy any and all power needs, even if it's just sitting next to the house, or that someone might be living in it during the hot summer months when both A/C units might be needed, then we would all better understand the 'nature' of the post... enjoy : )

No they didn't, he simply said his new camper was 50 amp and he installed a 50 amp plug and kept the 30 amp, no one should have criticized the OP for his decision, he wanted two plugs, he put them in, so what if a 30 amp works for some, others want the ability to use all functions of their RV. It is not up to you or anybody else to say otherwise. Now if he had them hooked up wrong that would be something different, then you try to point them in the right direction so he doesn't blow up his RV.
wildcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 09:58 AM   #29

just my 2C worth. All names withheld to not single out ... we have all been guilty. Unless you are assisting the poster, comments about posts are not needed. That should be left to the moderators. When I see someone with 4 or 5 figure posts, I know it is not to just help, ... Some (not all) need to find something else to pass their time. I make sure I unsubscribe to threads that get full of opinions.
270S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 09:51 AM   #30

Awsome work!

Very nice, are you available next month to come over to my house and get me set up?? It's really helpful to have access to all the power you need, anytime you need it. We will have people living in our unit periodically so we would really find a 50-amp hookup helpful. Nice work.
RedhawkCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 05:37 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedhawkCC View Post
Very nice, are you available next month to come over to my house and get me set up?? It's really helpful to have access to all the power you need, anytime you need it. We will have people living in our unit periodically so we would really find a 50-amp hookup helpful. Nice work.
Brad, feel free to PM me about this. I hope I can help with your project.

How close / far away are you from Bedford?, zip code for Bedford is 47421.

Gary.

Tags
50 amp, service