Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2015, 04:59 PM   #1

genesis technologies gt3.0

I have a genesis technologies gt3.0 in my tt. This this is a POC! I have had it in my 2013 v lite for 2 yrs of very light use, and it will not turn on. Yes, I have checked the power to the unit, and the fuse on it. The only thing that lights up is the power button, and nothing else happens. Very disappointed when I learned to replace it is going to cost me over 400 bucks.
Does anyone know of a replacement that will go into the same opening?
zappy0071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 05:13 PM   #2

I had problems with mine in my Windjammer, Bob Fields chimed in and told me about the fuse in the rear of the radio, I changed that and it now works. I had no power so it was a easy fix. My dealer was ready to replace the radio under warranty . They were replacing the Gensis with another brand. Check for the issues under Forrest River. I do have the extended warranty so it was not going to be an issue. You might check with your dealer. But power and not working seems to be a different issue.
Charles Firth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 05:17 PM   #3

Yeah, I checked the rear fuse also. No luck for me. I did call the dealer where I purchased my v lite, and same unit replacement was all he knew of. Note, he also had one in stock to sell me.......
Old 05-13-2015, 05:52 PM   #4

There is another very small fuse in an inline holder it may power your xm radio that was also blown. Did you check your fuse panel ? There is a spade fuse there also. Make sure you battery is on. That would be the extend of my trouble shooting. If all those check ok, then its time to get out your volt ohm meter and start checking things. Good luck Keep us posted.
Charles Firth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 07:01 PM   #5

I did not check the Sirius fuseholder, since I have never used it. I do have 12 volt power right at the wire connector at the back of the radio. I have been doing some Internet research, and I think I may have found a different unit that will fit in the existing opening
Old 05-13-2015, 07:07 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by zappy0071 View Post
I did not check the Sirius fuseholder, since I have never used it. I do have 12 volt power right at the wire connector at the back of the radio. I have been doing some Internet research, and I think I may have found a different unit that will fit in the existing opening
I think the model they are using IRV66 for a direct replacement. Search the forum for the 3.0 SD card. He is on that thread with his email. He is a rep for them now.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 08:57 AM   #7
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
If you have a red light on your power button then yes you have power to the radio.

You will want to remove all power to the radio (so power light goes out) for one minute that try again. HOPEFULLY, a power reset will bring it back to life...
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote