Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2019, 05:52 PM   #1

Ground control TT leveling system

Need some help from someone that has this system.

Unit is 3 months old and has been perfect til now.

Usually, I unhitch truck using the ext/ret switch on tongue jack and then go to LCD panel, turn the system on and hit Auto Level.

This morning I heard the tongue jack activate briefly on its own.
Thinking maybe it was bumped and partially engaged my Son hit the ext/ret switch and it stopped. Could have been a fluke as we were all all around the jack 5 seconds earlier.

But strangely now anytime the tongue jack is used it "powers on" the LCD touch panel/system.

Called Lippert and spoke with customer support. They have never seen this either and recommended taking it back to the dealer which I will when we return home in July. The unit operates perfectly otherwise, may be haunted I guess.

I acquired the factory install manual and checked every wire physically and electrically and all is good there, actually a very good and clean install by Forest River.

My question is for those of you who have the Ground Control TT System, does yours power on automatically when the tongue jack is used?
The manual and Lippert states it is not normal, it should only power on when the power button on the LCD panel is pressed.

Curious to how many folks (if any) on this forum may have experienced this phenomena.
Jericbarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 08:52 AM   #2

Update:

I spoke with Ken @ LCI concerning this issue with the Auto Level system on my 3 month old Rockwood. He claimed the LCI engineers were stumped, after I diagnosed the controller was defective he punted me back to the dealer, offered zero help even after I agreed to buy the controller. We were are in the midst of a 6 week camping trip and miles away from home/ our dealer. I decided to disassemble the the main controller for inspection, discovered cold solder joints on the circuit board. Resoldered and re-installed, works perfect now and saved myself $425.

Sad with a unit in warranty and couldn't get any help after reading some have been helped out of warranty.
Jericbarg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling

« Fuse | AC woes »