Had a bad experience with dielectric grease
I used dielectric grease on the 7 pin connector for the first time (and last time), (trailer side) when I returned from my last outing in June.
Getting ready to leave in the morning, I hooked up and plugged in. No trailer lights, none. After a couple of hours of screwing around, I concluded it was the connector. Finally got it working but it wasn't easy.
After doing some googling, I've found that there is quiet a bit of discussion about the application of dielectric grease. Some feel it's better used for permanent connections or tight fitting connections where the grease can't act as an insulator.
Anyway, no dielectric grease on my trailer connector again. I guess there is something to the saying; "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".
Rockwood 2104S, 2014 Ram 2500 Diesel.
USMC 68 -70