Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-30-2016, 12:06 AM   #21

For what it's worth, here is a video some bozo made of what the 6 volts look like on the TT.

https://youtu.be/foLGtyt9Rsg
Old 05-01-2016, 10:43 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Only problem with (2) 6volts is if you loose one, you are SOL for 12v. Not so with (2) 12volts.
I keep seeing this comment, but I dissagree. First, batteries don't usually just fail out of the clear blue. (With the possible exception of those junk, overpriced Bosch batteries). Second in two battery set ups with 12s,, when one fails, by the time you know it the other one has been dragged down and destroyed too. In our diesel, when one Motorcraft battery failed during warranty. Ford replaced the other too at no extra cost even though it still passed a load test. They said one bad one damages the other badly before you realize that there was a problem. About the same reason we say to replace both batteries so they are the same strength and condition.
Tom48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 10:54 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom48 View Post
I keep seeing this comment, but I dissagree. First, batteries don't usually just fail out of the clear blue. (With the possible exception of those junk, overpriced Bosch batteries). Second in two battery set ups with 12s,, when one fails, by the time you know it the other one has been dragged down and destroyed too. In our diesel, when one Motorcraft battery failed during warranty. Ford replaced the other too at no extra cost even though it still passed a load test. They said one bad one damages the other badly before you realize that there was a problem. About the same reason we say to replace both batteries so they are the same strength and condition.
Agree, same on my diesel. one goes they both go. 6 of 1, half dozen of another, the way I see it. Either way, you'll be buying a set of batteries more than like. Worst case you, you run into the nearest town and buy a couple of new ones, either way.

Tags
battery, cherokee, mount