Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2013, 11:04 PM   #1

help

Hey everybody, so we are getting ready to leave tomorrow on our second trip with a new trailer, rockwood mini 2104. The first trip was great. I plugged into house power two days ago to get the fridge cold and i check on it tonight and i have no power into the trailer. Little blue light is on on the outside by the plug but nothing inside. The tv will turn on but no lights no fridge slide wont move nothing. Any ideas im drawing a blank
miknem1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 02:57 AM   #2

I'm wondering if there's a disconnect somewhere. I didn't think it would affect shore power but maybe...... somebody should be waking up soon to help you..... That stinks, I know you're proly chomping at the bits to get going.....

Hint, it's gonna take a bit to get the fridge nice and cold. Proly best to pack meats, mayo, dairy and the like in an icy cold ice chest til the fridge gets to a good temp.

Good luck, hope you're weekend goes great
Old 05-24-2013, 03:38 AM   #3

I would check the battery first for a good charge.
I would then check to make sure the 110V breakers have not tripped in the fuse panel.
Make sure you did not trip a breaker in the house?
Check the GFI's in the trailer?
Should be something simple like that.
crunchman
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 06:07 AM   #4

Look below your fridge...is there a silver knob there? My mini lite had a power disconnect there that had to be pulled out in order to get power. Pull the knob out and see if that does it.
Old 05-24-2013, 10:20 AM   #5

There is a battery disconnect by the door but nothing by the fridge. What i dont understand is it was working a few weeks ago before our first trip and why do i have power to the tv and microwave clock but nothing else.
Old 05-24-2013, 10:26 AM   #6

Battery is almost dead but i thought the shore power would charge it. Fuses and brakers are good and i know i have power to the trailer because the blue light is on by the plug. The only gfci with a reset button is in the bathroom and it is ok also
Old 05-24-2013, 10:30 AM   #7
Always Learning

Have you checked your breaker box? Could you have tripped some breakers or any fuses?
Old 05-24-2013, 03:29 PM   #8
Site Team

if your battery disconnect was engaged, wouldn't that prevent the converter from charging it from shore power?
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:14 PM   #9

Hey everybody we found the problem. After going to the dealership and about 45 min of troubleshooting they found TWO broken ground wires under the trailer by the passenger side tires. So happy they were able to fix it quickly we made our trip and are now enjoying the long weekend. Thanks everybody for your help