Old 04-02-2015, 07:50 AM   #1

Help..Dometic E1 tstat error code

Hello all. Just bought a 2013 Salem 27dbud and I'm getting nothing from the ac/furnace/fan. The thermostat is blinking E1. I've searched on many forums and tried unhooking all the power, resetting the tstat, checking the breakers and even checking all the wiring in the unit. I'm pretty new to travel trailers so I am hoping I'm just missing something easy. Is there another area where there are fuses other then the main box under the fridge area that I could check? Could it be not enough amps from my garage outlet that I'm currently plugged into? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 04-02-2015, 08:03 AM   #2

What is the temp in trailer right now? I don't recall if it's an e1 or e2 that means "temp out of range ". When it's hot out, we've had to open windows and use a fan to pre-cool the unit a bit. Might be worth a try

Edit, A quick google search found this,
http://rickpaulettervjournal.blogspo...oogle.html?m=1

They explain how to reset the stat after having the same problem

jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 08:07 AM   #3

It's cold but nothing terrible....45 this morning. Last night with space heaters we had it up to 68. Sounds like the E1 code means a loss of communication between tstat and ac unit.
Old 04-02-2015, 08:15 AM   #4

I have also tried the tstat reset many times with the same result of an E1 flashing code. I bought this from a private seller....hoping he didn't sell me a lemon. I still think it's probably something easy that I'm missing like a breaker in a weird location.
Old 04-02-2015, 08:16 AM   #5

To reprogram the tstat:

Make sure the furnace is off. Press the “+” button and, while holding it, also press and hold the On/Off Mode button for three seconds. LCD will show “― ― “. Press the On/Off Mode button again to turn system off. This completes the initialization.

I believe this resets the communication for the tstat. Of course there could also be an open wiring issue or just the bad tstat.
Old 04-02-2015, 08:22 AM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnunz View Post
Could it be not enough amps from my garage outlet that I'm currently plugged into? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
As an aside kind of thing since you mentioned what you are connected to , when you do get your T-stat figured out......it's not recommended that you turn on your air-conditioner if you are plugged into a 15-20 amp house outlet , as you may damage it or overheat a part of the electrical circuit.

Ducks are just all-terrain chickens
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 08:24 AM   #7

Ok, thanks. Good to know. I don't know a ton about electricity but could that be the issue here? The outlets on the garage are 15 amp and the trailer is 30 amp. Maybe not enough juice?
Old 04-08-2015, 01:28 PM   #8

We just purchased a new Sunseeker. The person at the dealership who did the delivery inspection with us warned us to never run the A/C unless we were plugged into 30 amp service or we could cause damage to the A/C. If you are just in the garage on a 15 amp circuit that may be the problem and I would hold off on testing the A/C any more until you are on 30 amp service.

Tags
dometic