Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-27-2017, 03:42 PM   #1

Help Dynamax DX3 house batteries won't charge off chassis alternator

Seeing if anyone would have suggestions.? Have 2014 Dynamax Dx3 with the 8.9l Cummins and can't charge house batteries off chassis alternator. The batteries completely discharge. Everything works fine when plugged into shore power or when running generator. Checked voltage on solenoid in engine compartment (which I think connect chassis batteries to house batteries????). Voltage on one side of this is 13.4 and zero on other side with the engine running. I know there are relays or fuses that control opening of the solenoid but does anyone have any ideas or here to look ( already checked all fuses in engine compartment and in compartment drivers side where all electronics are).

Thanks so much for your suggestions in advance!!!
Joe
joecouey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 07:54 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecouey View Post
Seeing if anyone would have suggestions.? Have 2014 Dynamax Dx3 with the 8.9l Cummins and can't charge house batteries off chassis alternator. The batteries completely discharge. Everything works fine when plugged into shore power or when running generator. Checked voltage on solenoid in engine compartment (which I think connect chassis batteries to house batteries????). Voltage on one side of this is 13.4 and zero on other side with the engine running. I know there are relays or fuses that control opening of the solenoid but does anyone have any ideas or here to look ( already checked all fuses in engine compartment and in compartment drivers side where all electronics are).

Thanks so much for your suggestions in advance!!!
Joe
I have a 2017 Dx3 and will look at mine tomorrow, in the mean time you should move this thread to the Dynamax forum and see if bclemens will comment from Dynamax. In fact this thread should be moved over there by the administrators.
joet19711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 10:21 PM   #3

Thank you! Will do
joecouey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batteries