Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2019, 10:05 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 53
Help!!! Lost power in 110 volt receptacles

I have a 2005 Forest River Cardinal. I've lost power in the 2 receptacles under the kitchen cabinets, the ones over the counter that you plug counter top appliances into. I've checked the breaker box, and there are not tripped breakers. I even tripped them and reset them, but still no power. They were both working about an hour ago. Do y'all know if there are breakers somewhere else besides in the panel box?
__________________

orabun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 10:07 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by orabun View Post
I have a 2005 Forest River Cardinal. I've lost power in the 2 receptacles under the kitchen cabinets, the ones over the counter that you plug counter top appliances into. I've checked the breaker box, and there are not tripped breakers. I even tripped them and reset them, but still no power. They were both working about an hour ago. Do y'all know if there are breakers somewhere else besides in the panel box?
Doesn't sound like a breaker problem, but a GFCI is tripped. ESPECIALLY since they're over the counter.

Check every outlet you have and hit the reset button on your GFCI outlet.
__________________

kfergiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 10:09 PM   #3
Site Team
 
Flybob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 9,553
X2 tripped GFCI. You may have more than one master.
__________________

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 10:13 PM   #4
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 53
I was hoping yall had turned me on to something. I checked the GFI breaker in the bathroom and it is not tripped. Is there one somewhere I'm missing ?
orabun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 10:14 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Retired JSO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: NE Florida
Posts: 609
Help!!! Lost power in 110 volt receptacles

Probably the GFCI. The GFCI on my 04 Sandpiper was located in the bathroom outlet which controlled out outlets downstream.
Retired JSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 10:16 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 404
Well I would test and reset that one just in case.

As far as another GFCI hiding somewhere, I wouldnít be able to tell you. Just check every outlet you can find. Most of the time one GFCI outlet controls more than one outlet.
kfergiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 10:21 PM   #7
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfergiez View Post
Well I would test and reset that one just in case.

As far as another GFCI hiding somewhere, I wouldnít be able to tell you. Just check every outlet you can find. Most of the time one GFCI outlet controls more than one outlet.
Yea, that's what I thought too. I tripped the bathroom one and reset it, but that didn't fix my problem.
orabun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 10:23 PM   #8
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired JSO View Post
Probably the GFCI. The GFCI on my 04 Sandpiper was located in the bathroom outlet which controlled out outlets downstream.
I tried that but it didn't fix my problem. But thanks for thinking of it. I had not thought of it until you mentioned it.
orabun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 10:29 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 404
Well in that case, itís time to start unscrewing wall plates and check your wiring. Itís very possible that a wire wasnít all the way screwed down to the outlet and it finally popped loose.
kfergiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 10:46 PM   #10
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfergiez View Post
Well in that case, itís time to start unscrewing wall plates and check your wiring. Itís very possible that a wire wasnít all the way screwed down to the outlet and it finally popped loose.
Yea, I hope that's what it is. Full disclosure, I had a small electric heater running on it when it quite working. It was plugged into a outlet the TV and satellite was on but after a while, it tripped the breaker. Reset it and it would work again. After a couple of times, I moved it the the receptical over the sink. It worked great for about 30 minutes and then I started having this trouble.
__________________

orabun is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
power

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:19 AM.