Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2014, 10:11 PM   #1

Help, no power to hydraulics!

Camper was at dealer for two weeks for misc repairs. When we picked it up, the battery was almost dead ( it was sitting on the back lot) but had enough power to raise the front jacks. Got home and hooked up to power, leveled the camper. Several days later, went to extend the slides, and there is no power to the hydraulic control panel. Battery is fully charged and all other 12v lights etc. work fine. Looked at the main fuse panel, and all are good. I don't see one labeled for the hydraulic system anyway. Looked all around and can't find any other place a fuse might be. The fifth wheel is new, only used a few times this summer.
It's dark when I was checking, so I'll call the dealer in the morning, but am curious if others have had this problem.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Ultraboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 10:13 PM   #2
Plain Old Member

Look in your front basement. There should be / could be some resettable breakers there for the hydraulic level up pump. This is where they're at on the Cedar Creek / Silverbacks.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 10:15 PM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohnD View Post
Look in your front basement. There should be / could be some resettable breakers there for the hydraulic level up pump. This is where they're at on the Cedar Creek / Silverbacks.
X2

Follow your positive lead from the battery.
You'll find them shortly thereafter.

TURBS

"SABRE OWNERS UNITED"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 10:15 PM   #4

I did look in the front basement, nothing there. This is a Vengenance 39r12 touring edition.

Old 08-27-2014, 10:16 PM   #5
Plain Old Member

Take a look at page 2 of this thread. It has some pictures of what I'm referring to. Not sure on your specific model, but I'd be willing to bet it's similar.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...d-65602-2.html
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 10:29 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
X2

Follow your positive lead from the battery.
You'll find them shortly thereafter.
They may not be readily accessible but if you follow the lead you should be able to find a 40amp inline fuse.
rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 07:35 AM   #7

Thanks for all the help. It did point me in the right direction. The culprit ? A bad battery cutoff switch. I had said the "battery was good." That was because the control panel battery button showed 'full'. I took the battery box cover off ( another story) and put my meter on the battery. 2 volts. From there I traced back to the battery disconnect switch, which was on, and there it was. Jumped the switch, and the battery started charging. Got a new switch from a local dealer, installed, and back in bizness.
Batter box is junk. Plastic that is sagging down between the metal frame. Gonna have to build a new box, make that 2 new boxes, and install a second battery. Put a tiedown strap around the whole box/ battery/cover for now.
Thanks again!!

Tags
hydraulic, power