Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-18-2020, 11:53 PM   #1

Help with battery system

Well I guess I went over to the Darkside. We purchased a Lance 2075 to replace the Rockwood Mini Lite 2304ks. My problem now is battery set-up. In the Rockwood, I had installed 2(6 volt) deep cycle batteries. The Lance has compartments for 2 batteries; only they are located 1 on each side of the trailer. Each compartment has a positive and negative connection. I don't see a way to install 6 volt batteries!! Unsure of how the wiring is set up.

If 6 volts won't work and omitting Lithium batteries due to cost; what is the consensus on the next best alternative.

Thanks

PS. I won't be leaving this forum!! Too much good information.
2020 Lance 2075
2008 Lincoln Navigator 5.4 V-8 with Tow Package
2015 Ford Expedition Ecoboost with Heavy Duty Tow Package
Burnking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 01:15 AM   #2

Well your other two options are AGM or wet cell. Depends on if you are good about taking care of your batteries or not. If you are going to check them monthly and keep them refilled with distilled water when they require it, I like the Trojan T-1275 batteries that I am using. They are actually 12v golf cart batteries and the same as the one's I use in my 48v golf cart. You can usually get a pretty decent price on them from someone that sells golf carts or at larger golf courses that has their own maint shop might be able to get you a nice discount.

If your not good about doing the preventative maint on stuff, AGM is hard to beat and as they are install and use them and as long as you don't run them down and leave them sit without recharging them, they're easy to love once you get past the premium you pay over wet cells.
Old 01-19-2020, 11:45 AM   #3

I guess I don't fully understand the problem. I assume you have two battery compartments and all you see in each one is the connectors.
So you will have to understand the wiring to hook up two 6 volts to make 12v.
Find which positive is the load, and find where the ground attaches to your frame. Then hopefully one of the cables between the compartments is a straight run you can use to connect the neg to pos between the batteries. You might have to redo the ground, depending on which side it is on.
Or, better yet if you aren't comfortable doing all that, call an independent RV service shop to help you out.
I'm + you can get it done
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery