Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-15-2016, 07:56 PM   #1

Help with Electrical system on Lexington

I just bought a 2005 Lexington 283ts, had a 1998 Itasca Spirit 22R, which had seen better days. First thing, I can not figure how the electrical system works on the Lexington. The instrument panels are similar to the Spirit, but the Lexington manual does not explain anything here.

Example, I was plugged in overnight, I put the slides OUT, they worked fine - in the morning when I went to move them IN, they barely had the power to do it. And the aux battery system was very low, but I was plugged in.
There is a battery control button located near the rear door/step, and there is also a toggle battery button located on the dash up front - but I don't know what they do....
First thing, is there anywhere I can find a GOOD manual. I tried the Forest River web site, nothing there. Googled - nothing I can find.
I'm in Georgie, 3rd day on our trip to Florida. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Pat
pgeraghty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 07:20 PM   #2

Sorry I can't be more help but we just bought a 2010 Lexington and are still working things out. We can't find an owners manual either. Usually I can find manuals on ebay but not this. I searched for yours also.
The battery control by the door is for disconnecting the battery. I would guess the one on the dash is for emergency start which connects the house and chassis batteries together while you hold the button. Mine is beside the drivers seat.
dontay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 02:27 AM   #3
Site Team

RV manufacturers have only been providing generic owners manuals, for a number of years, including FR.
Only a handful provide manuals with any model-specific information.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric, electrical, lexington