Old 06-28-2012, 05:59 PM   #11
Site Team - Lou

Since we are talking about the idiot lights and the battery, note that when the battery indicator drops from 3 bars to 2 bars the voltage indicates the battery is at 50% capacity. (see the chart)

For maximum battery life it MUST be recharged at this point.
Allowing a discharge past 50% prior to recharge will shorten useful battery life.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:05 PM   #12

Ok, somewhat related question. I just had the same thing happen this week and brought the battery in to have tested. Was showing 11 volts so bought a new battery.

Brought the new battery home, hooked it up, unplugged shore power and checked the panel
When I pressed the battery button, lights blinked from top to bottom and that was it. Plugged and unplugged shore power again and same thing. Guessing it's residual power stored somewhere?

Any ideas? Fuse?

Next question. Any idea where the fuse panel is on a Greywolf 26bh?

2007 Expedition
2011 Forest River Greywolf 26BH
sundawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:52 PM   #13
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundawg View Post
Ok, somewhat related question. I just had the same thing happen this week and brought the battery in to have tested. Was showing 11 volts so bought a new battery.

Brought the new battery home, hooked it up, unplugged shore power and checked the panel
When I pressed the battery button, lights blinked from top to bottom and that was it. Plugged and unplugged shore power again and same thing. Guessing it's residual power stored somewhere?

Any ideas?
In my post there is a PDF on how to troubleshoot the indicator system

If you have a WFCO converter, here is the manual and how to troubleshoot it.

It sounds like you might have a short circuit in your camper, though.
The flash of 13 volts then disconnect sounds like the converter shutting down to prevent damage. Are you sure you hooked the battery up correctly?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Project1.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	15853  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Manual - Power Distribution Center WF-8900 English.pdf (1.89 MB, 33 views)

HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Old 06-29-2012, 11:05 PM   #14

I haven't tried the PDF tips yet, but the battery is hooked up correctly ( red to positive and white to negative) All fuses seem to be okay. Everything works when plugged into shore power

So there must be a short or something wrong between the battery and the camper. Are there fusible links built in somewhere? I have a multimeter so any other tips of what to check would be appreciated.
2007 Expedition
Old 06-30-2012, 03:18 AM   #15
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundawg View Post
I haven't tried the PDF tips yet, but the battery is hooked up correctly ( red to positive and white to negative) All fuses seem to be okay. Everything works when plugged into shore power

So there must be a short or something wrong between the battery and the camper. Are there fusible links built in somewhere? I have a multimeter so any other tips of what to check would be appreciated.
The multimeter won't do you much good till you find the power center and converter.

HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Old 06-30-2012, 12:44 PM   #16

First post, so I hope I can help. Just had a similar problem with my 21RS. I tracked it down to a sole 40amp inline breaker under the frame on drivers side, about 3 feet back from my battery box. It's one of the 2 pole automotive type. The power was getting to the breaker, but wasn't registering as coming out the other side. Replaced that breaker and all is good.
These breakers aren't known to me as having a problem so it was the last thing I checked.

Again, everything worked with shore power, and battery was all charged, but this defective breaker prevented power from the battery charging the rest of the TT. It was a little hard to find, but I traced the power wire under the trailer along the frame, and there was the breaker.

Pup
Old 06-30-2012, 01:11 PM   #17
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppypappa View Post
First post, so I hope I can help. Just had a similar problem with my 21RS. I tracked it down to a sole 40amp inline breaker under the frame on drivers side, about 3 feet back from my battery box. It's one of the 2 pole automotive type. The power was getting to the breaker, but wasn't registering as coming out the other side. Replaced that breaker and all is good.
These breakers aren't known to me as having a problem so it was the last thing I checked.

Again, everything worked with shore power, and battery was all charged, but this defective breaker prevented power from the battery charging the rest of the TT. It was a little hard to find, but I traced the power wire under the trailer along the frame, and there was the breaker.

Pup
Pup,

Those breakers have a small reset button on them located on the small end. If you should have this issue again, you can try pressing that reset button with a finger nail.
Attached Images

HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Old 07-01-2012, 09:15 PM   #18

Thanks pup and herk. That was it! I looked at that a few times but just thought it was connecting the wires together, didn't really notice the black thing on the end. Pushed it and beeeeep, the gas detector turned on and I smiled

Mine was actually located just under the front of the trailer between the wires from the battery and a junction box.

Thanks again!
2007 Expedition
Old 07-01-2012, 09:47 PM   #19

Great news.

Herk, I tried resetting mine however it must be really fried. I needed to replace it with a new one.

Glad you got it working

Pup

Tags
led pad, battery