Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-24-2015, 10:39 PM   #1

House Batteries Not Engaging

Have a 2014 Berkshire and had my generator fuel pump replaced today. When picking up the MH tried starting the Gen and nothing. Thought maybe the house batteries could be dead if the tech left everything on for a couple of days. Held down the Emergency Start button to engage the chassis batteries and the gen started right up. Held the Emergency Start for a couple minutes to let some juice into the house batteries. Let go of ES switch and gen immediately dies. Hole ES, start again and hold the button for an hour. The house batteries get a full charge, but still everything shuts down after letting go of ES button.

Now with full charge on House batteries, the battery disconnect switch at the door does nothing until I hold ES button. Then everything in the coach functions except now I am running on chassis batteries. Checked the shut off switches and they are all on.

The battery disconnect solenoid works fine as long as ES is on so there is power.

Any ideas where to look?

Thanks so much!
thomaspartyof10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 11:15 PM   #2

Found Problem

Found a BUSS AMG 150A 32V fuse and bypassed it. Everything came to life. Now to find a replacement....
thomaspartyof10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery