Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2017, 07:52 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
We had an electrician come out and put a 50amp box on the side of our house for $375. Well worth it if you "play" in the camper like we do between trips.
I think this is really smart. Even if you only have 30A service in the camper.

Not that much more to go 50, and you are already paying for the electrician, so...

2017 Heritage Glen 368RLHBK Limited
2017 Ram 3500 4x4 Crew, 6.7 Cummins
m35a2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 07:53 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheldon211 View Post
You might want to consider a 50amp if your rig has 2 a/c's just be sure it is 30amp or 50amp R.V. and NOT house current or you will fry your rig.

Your term "house current" is silly. It is all "house current."

30 amp RV is an RV specific plug/receptacle, but is 120 vac 30 amp "house current."

50 amp RV is a standard 50 amp plug/receptacle that is 240/120 vac 50 amp "house current."

As was said above, there are many ways to do this.
325BH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 08:40 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmartin33 View Post
There are converter plugs for 4 prong to 3 prong 30 amp. Most RV centers have them. And since you can dry your laundry outside in 90 degree weather.... you're all set.
True, and we have one, but the prongs don't match up to the dryer outlet, and it sounds like we are lucky they didn't since I've learned, on this forum, that would have blown up the rig.
Robin Olson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 08:48 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Olson View Post
True, and we have one, but the prongs don't match up to the dryer outlet, and it sounds like we are lucky they didn't since I've learned, on this forum, that would have blown up the rig.
yes there are, but they are not the converters that the OP needs. I have yet to see an RV center that has dryer to RV adapters and it seems that you cannot buy one. This is probably because there are so many other potential issues that it depends on the specific dryer outlet.

Bottom line is that you have to have both ground and neutral...some do...some don't. The 4 wire plug is promising and you can more than likely get an adapter made. As many have indicated, dryers generally don't use a neutral and all RVs must have one.

In fact, that is why RVs have different plugs than dryers!

2015 335DS
ScottBrownstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 08:50 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Olson View Post
Excellent, that's doable!! Today's project!! Thanks
Reflextex is Great stuff !!!
I cut cardboard to fit all windows,,, then stapled Reflextex to the cardboard !!!
I also made a shade for the windshield !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power