Old 05-25-2015, 10:47 PM   #1
HW27KS No Power to 110v Outlets??

Doing a search, I found people saying as long as I'm connected to 110V from land I should be able to use the 110V outlets. I set up my 2015 for the first time today and didn't really do a thorough troubleshoot. It's now back in the storage lot for two weeks.

So, I had the trailer hooked up to house power with the 30A cable that came with it and a 15A adapter.

The stereo worked.
Running and overhead lights worked, but those may be 12V?
The microwave had power to the clock panel.
The overhead vent fan worked.
The inverter fan was running.
I had a green light on the 30A plug at the trailer end.

I tried plugging in a sleep apnea machine to a 110V outlet and it didn't not power on. I hooked up a 110V phone charger to the same outlet and my phone did not show it was charging.

When I was looking at the fuse panel (inverter) to see what spare fuses I wanted to buy, I did notice that the circuit breakers appeared (!!) to not be tripped. I didn't test any other outlet before closing up and taking it to storage. I didn't verify the GFI hadn't tripped, but I didn't see a red ring when I was looking at it.

I can use 110V when I'm connected to 15A right?

PolarBearCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 11:26 PM   #2
Yes you can use 110 volt when connected to a 15 A service..

Your stereo, and overhead lights are 12 volt DC.. If you have power to your microwave it made it into the trailer and through your convertor..

I'm guessing you've got a GFI tripped somewhere... Might want to cycle the breakers on and off to make sure that they are all on too..

Camped 2016 (Days/Nights) - 32/23
Nights camped 2015 - 29

TT: 2013 26' Revere TBQB
TV: 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Z71 4x4
glen1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 09:34 PM   #3
You ask "I can use 110V when I'm connected to 15A right?"

I agree YES. The fact that you adapted down and there are only 15 versus 30 amps available does NOT in itself prevent the circuits from functioning. Id cycle the breakers On and Off and look at the GFCI and then try her again.

John T Retired Electrical Engineer
OldJohnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 10:24 AM   #4
I use my microwave clock as an indicator that the shore power is working. All the lights and radios and vent fans are 12v and run off the battery.
The most likely cause of your failure is a GFCI being tripped. Check all of your outlets looking for a reset button. There may be more than one, they like to make them hard to find too.
Joel K
Southeast AZ
2013 Coachman Mirada 29DSSE
jk510 is online now   Reply With Quote

110v, power, electrical