Old 12-05-2014, 04:55 PM   #11
ttg

I found a 50 amp twist to 30 amp adapter at my local RV dealer and purchased a 50' long 30 amp cord which I use always when camping. The 30 amp cord is so easy to bring out and hook up and is all that is needed to run the camper all of the time. The 50 amp cord is stored in the locker and not needed unless somewhere that requires the extra length.

At home a 30 amp to 15 amp adapter onto the 50 amp adapter and then a light duty extension works well for what's needed in the driveway. That is battery charger some lights and fridge.

Old 12-05-2014, 07:05 PM   #12

I have a 50 amp to a 30 amp short adapter about 12" long..Got it at a trailer dealer in Tampa...If you buy this you can use your 30 amp extension cable......I put a 30 to 15 amp adapter and use a standard 115/120 extn cord pluged in to the house all winter...Leaving in 25 more sleeps for FL!!!!!! j

Old 12-05-2014, 08:37 PM   #13

I have a conntek type adapter but go from 50 to 30 and then another adapter to go from 30 to 15amp...Unless I plan on running two AC's the 50amp cord stays stored and I use my 30amp cord. It's easier to handle. I will go to 15amp to keep battery charged but I don't leave it plugged in all winter long. I keep an eye on my volt meter and when bats drop to less than 12.3v I plug it back in for four days then unplug.
Old 12-05-2014, 11:29 PM   #14

Thanks for the responses folks. For better or for worse I got this one. I'm an Amazon Prime member and if it doesn't work I'll send it back.
Old 12-05-2014, 11:59 PM   #15
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ham_Bone View Post
Thanks for the responses folks. For better or for worse I got this one. I'm an Amazon Prime member and if it doesn't work I'll send it back.

What are you plugging into the other end? A 30 amp cord, I presume?
Old 12-06-2014, 12:46 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
What are you plugging into the other end? A 30 amp cord, I presume?
Yes when needed. Otherwise I'll adapt back to a common electrical extension cord.
Old 12-06-2014, 07:09 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ham_Bone View Post
That's a nice one Ham_bone, and should work great like the led part. Seems some one was thinking when they made that pig tail..... Also love Amazon prime, worth every penny, never do they refuse a return, and even pay to have UPS pick it up at your house. UPS is at my house at least 3 days a week. Living out in county side we have no other way to get stuff.
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 09:01 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
That's a nice one Ham_bone, and should work great like the led part. Seems some one was thinking when they made that pig tail..... Also love Amazon prime, worth every penny, never do they refuse a return, and even pay to have UPS pick it up at your house. UPS is at my house at least 3 days a week. Living out in county side we have no other way to get stuff.
I picked that one because it's made by Furrion, which is the maker of the power inlet on my trailer. There were reviewers on some of the other brands that experienced bad fits. The twistlock on the 50 amp pigtail by Furrion looks identical to twistlock on the cord that came with the trailer. The power inlet Furrion sells (link) is obviously the exact one installed on my trailer.

Amazon Prime has changed the way I shop!
Old 12-06-2014, 09:35 PM   #19

Not sure what kind of power converter you guys have or how easy it is to get to. Mines in the wet/service bay mounted right next to where the power cord pulls out. My converter just plugs into an outlet in this service bay. I just unplug it from the outlet and plug it into an extension cord. Pretty simple if you just want your battery charger energized.

BTW, Ive also have an upgraded Progressive 3-way smart converter. I just plug it in and forget.
Old 12-07-2014, 09:25 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1l243 View Post
... I keep an eye on my volt meter and when bats drop to less than 12.3v I plug it back in for four days then unplug.
You are letting the voltage get way too low, you batteries will sulphate quickly. Every 30 days plug it in overnight and that will be much better. Over the winter you can let it go a little longer during the coldest months.

Honda EU3000is inverter-generator
techntrek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
50 amp, power