Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-30-2014, 10:09 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironj View Post
just out of curiousity how does your house not have a single outlet externally?...i have honestly never seen one that didnt? maybe its a texas thing.....when i built mine i had em put like 5 in the garage alone!!!!! lol...kegerator, compressor, extra fridge/freezer, drop lights, garage door openers....heck maybe i have more than 5!!
I live in an older house with detached garage. I have plenty of outlets in the garage but nothing external, like the house. Newer houses have them. Has a lot to do with when the house was built.
Old 01-30-2014, 10:51 AM   #42
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironj View Post
I see those type of generic gennys often.....he was asking more about a clone i guess..like a boily maybe?..or others...I saw one at cosco that was all yamaha internals...599 for 2200watts..but I know I seen them cheaper before

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forest River Forums mobile app
The history of mine , as on the internet (so it must be true) is that Japan ok-d china to make clones as long as they didn't use the Honda name. Mine, sitting beside the same set up Honda looks identical. Honda makes more than just the 2000 w and 3000 w super quiet gens. Some Hondas look like mine. And mine is 59 decibels at 20'.

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:15 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcheatwood View Post
The history of mine , as on the internet (so it must be true) is that Japan ok-d china to make clones as long as they didn't use the Honda name. Mine, sitting beside the same set up Honda looks identical. Honda makes more than just the 2000 w and 3000 w super quiet gens. Some Hondas look like mine. And mine is 59 decibels at 20'.
Yes I have seen the open frame Honda's as well...costco sells them.....is that the one that us 59db?...thats pretty good for an open frame setup!...my neighbor was looking for a 2000-3000 watt inverter style....like my champion 2000inverter.... (which can be had for 425ish).....as for the clones I think they are made using same molds and specs...but the clones do not . Have the exact part composition (cheaper/thinner metal in some places).....but function the same.....and are a LOT cheaper...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forest River Forums mobile app
2012 lacrosse 318bhs touring- sold
ironj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:30 AM   #44
Site Team

At the time I bought mine in 2006, Honda had an open frame that looked just like it. They have been change some now it seems. Smart move. But if I was boon docking a lot, and ran the gen right at the rv, I'd get a Yamaha or Honda. But I bought mine for power outages and annual hunting trip. Hunting, it is on the end of a 30' RV shore cord and a 30' heavy duty ext cord. Power outage, it sit out in the carport. Noise isn't an issue. I have used it with a TT and slept in the front bed with gen in the truck bed. Not too bad but a real Honda or Yamaha would be so much better.

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:50 AM   #45

I run the larger champ in truck bed...only when I need ac tho....I cant even hear it 8ft outside the room with the bedroom ac on...if im boondocking it sits on the end of my 2 50amp cords 50ft away....can hardly hear it...and the remote start is awesome!!

sent from fat fingers with no regard to grammer via a space dish thingy
2012 lacrosse 318bhs touring- sold
ironj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 11:30 PM   #46

I just bought a Champion 3100w inverter generator. I haven't used it with the trailer yet but I am very happy with it so far. It has an RV plug and comes with a 12v charging cable.
PhotoDj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
generator