Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-25-2017, 08:05 PM   #1

Smile Indoor lights not working!

Hello! I'm new to trailering and useless with electrical systems! My battery is fully charged, and leads hooked up, all fuses are in the converter panel and the lights are not working. Worked great last summer. Have an A frame Rockwood a124. I've been under it, and see no reset switches and no obvious breaks! I'm wondering if there's a reset switch somewhere that didn't reset when I put the trailer up? Thanks for any help.
Lizmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 03:52 PM   #2

Is anything else working? Jack maybe?

If not, are you sure you have the wires hooked up with correct polarity?

2017 Heritage Glen 368RLHBK Limited
2017 Ram 3500 4x4 Crew, 6.7 Cummins
m35a2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 04:46 PM   #3

Thanks for replying! I tested the fuses, apparently my voltmeter wasn't working. The 30A was shot. Interestingly, I heard from an RV tech that if your battery is dead, then recharged and hooked up, it occasionally trips a fuse, and the 30A is the one that blows most frequently. No idea why this would happen.

Thanks again
Lizmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 05:08 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizmore View Post
Thanks for replying! I tested the fuses, apparently my voltmeter wasn't working. The 30A was shot. Interestingly, I heard from an RV tech that if your battery is dead, then recharged and hooked up, it occasionally trips a fuse, and the 30A is the one that blows most frequently. No idea why this would happen.
The stock WFCO converter installed on A-frames generally does not perform well under heavy loads. If you severely discharge your battery, or have a dead battery, chances are the WFCO converter will blow a fuse rather than recharge the battery (happened to me).

The WFCO in my A-frame had an additional fault in that it would never go into trickle mode (13.2V) after the batteries were fully charged. If left plugged in for weeks on end (stored in my garage) the excess voltage would "boil" water out of the batteries.

I eventually ended up replacing the WFCO with the "drop-in" Progressive Dynamics 4135 converter replacement. The PD converter gives faster battery recharge times (by holding bulk mode much longer), and goes into trickle mode after 2 days of charging.

just my experiences
Fred W
2014 Rockwood A122 A-frame
2008 Hyundai Entourage minivan
camping Colorado and adjacent states one weekend at a time
pgandw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, light