Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2018, 09:19 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclinton View Post
...Next step I will be installing the Xantrex auto transfer switch and connecting to to my non GFI outlets which will basically give me power for limited use on the entire drivers side of the RV. Thanks for all the helpful suggestions.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have two of those Xantrex transfer switches. However, I recommend the Kisae version since it accepts direct connection to the romex in the RV and eliminates the need for an additional octagonal box. https://www.donrowe.com/KISAE-TS15A-...ch-p/ts15a.htm

Same price...easier install. They also have a 20 amp version as well.

2015 335DS
ScottBrownstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 09:07 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottBrownstein View Post
I have two of those Xantrex transfer switches. However, I recommend the Kisae version since it accepts direct connection to the romex in the RV and eliminates the need for an additional octagonal box. https://www.donrowe.com/KISAE-TS15A-...ch-p/ts15a.htm

Same price...easier install. They also have a 20 amp version as well.
I saw that too late You're right, that would be much easier to deal with but I already ordered the xantrex and installed it today. I went with this inverter.... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 07-20-2018, 09:46 PM   #23

BClinton, just dropped off my 712 to Moix today for installation. Hope they center mine (like yours) over my One Control display. I did not order the temperature sensor as I really wasn't sure what it hooks up to (the battery or a port on another device?) The distributor I purchased it from was sort of iffy on how important it was but for another $20 I'd like to have it installed if there's a spot to connect it. Thx!

OTR 2024-22 / 2023-29 / 2022-52
2021-51 / 2020-29 / 2019-71 / 2018-49
ArkRVHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 11:13 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkRVHog View Post
BClinton, just dropped off my 712 to Moix today for installation. Hope they center mine (like yours) over my One Control display. I did not order the temperature sensor as I really wasn't sure what it hooks up to (the battery or a port on another device?) The distributor I purchased it from was sort of iffy on how important it was but for another $20 I'd like to have it installed if there's a spot to connect it. Thx!
Good deal! You'll love it! Personally I find it useful to monitor my chassis battery rather than the temp. I looked at the temp sensor and there looks to be a positive battery connection and 2 sensor leads. One of the sensor leads would obviously go to the aux sensor port on the shunt. Not sure where the other lead plugs into. I searched for guides and couldn't find one. I suspect that the install would be pretty straight forward though.....

Tags
battery