Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2012, 08:34 PM   #1

initial use..... Trimetric 2025

Regarding the Trimetric 2025......
Can I use the "AH" (amp hours discharged from a full battery) to roughly gage the battery stystem percentage of full charge? The %FULL indicator isn't registering yet probably due to batteries not getting full charge from the trailers' converter. I'm planning on getting(after next paycheck a good battery charger to supplement the TT's charging system so this will eventually, hopefully, enable the Trimetric to register a full charge. I'm wondering how I can use the Trimetric to monitor battery system on my next couple of camping trips, before I buy a separate battery charger......for example, if Trimetric can't yet calculate %FULL then how does it know "amp hours discharged from a full battery"............IF my battery system has 225 amp hours then when it's at 112 AH would this tell me that I'm at 50 percent battery capacity?
Thanks for any help,,,,,,from a electronically challenged happy camper.
ahappycamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:27 AM   #2
Site Team - Lou

Did you program the correct AH of your battery into the system?

If so, then press and hold the reset button to set the capacity to 100 percent.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:54 AM   #3

Thank you for your reply!.........
Okay, I did this and it set the AH to zero. I'm still plugged into shore power and the charging light is still indicating it's charging. Do you think I'm correct in assuming i can't get a full charge because of the limits of my converter in the TT?.....Also, should I reset the AH just prior to unplugging shore power(when leaving for camp trip) and use AH indicator to monitor battery use?
Old 07-06-2012, 09:24 AM   #4
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahappycamper View Post
Thank you for your reply!.........
Okay, I did this and it set the AH to zero. I'm still plugged into shore power and the charging light is still indicating it's charging. Do you think I'm correct in assuming i can't get a full charge because of the limits of my converter in the TT?.....Also, should I reset the AH just prior to unplugging shore power(when leaving for camp trip) and use AH indicator to monitor battery use?
Setting the AH to zero is telling the computer that you have NO battery installed.

You need to tell the computer the capacity of your battery bank fully charged.
Like 75AH.

Lou
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:29 AM   #5

The AH value was previosly, and still is set to 225......
Old 07-06-2012, 02:12 PM   #6

Thanks to your responses, as well as the previous threads about this issue I think I'm on the right track. I used an old battery charger in my garage, and it was able to provide 14.6 volts of charge. It only took about 4 minutes of charge time for the Trimetric to show full charge........Yeah!

Now I'm feeling like i'll be able to more closely monitor my batteries for longevity.
Old 07-07-2012, 12:10 AM   #7

The trimetric works well but you do have to get it to the charged state, which at the default setting is higher than most converter voltages go. Its a good idea to reset it when you know you have a good charge also.
2009 Ford Edge AWD Ltd towed
2011 Honda Fit Sport towed
ronhanson is offline   Reply With Quote