Old 09-17-2019, 09:50 PM   #1

intelligence-power 9200 not charging batteries

I have a 2018 FR3 30DS. having charging issues. my inverter is not charging the batteries. 13.6 volts coming out of inverter, all voltage in the battery compartment leading to battery control center is 13.6. battery voltage is 4.5. disconnect solenoid will not activate. all breakers and fuses appear to be on and intact. i puta meter on the battery and no additional voltage is coming to the battery to charge them. any thoughts

Old 09-18-2019, 01:34 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt6pak View Post
I have a 2018 FR3 30DS. having charging issues. my inverter is not charging the batteries. 13.6 volts coming out of inverter, all voltage in the battery compartment leading to battery control center is 13.6. battery voltage is 4.5. disconnect solenoid will not activate. all breakers and fuses appear to be on and intact. i puta meter on the battery and no additional voltage is coming to the battery to charge them. any thoughts
You might try bypassing "disconnect solenoid" temporarily and see if you then get charging voltage at the batteries.

Could be bad solenoid or depending on where the solenoid control obtains it's voltage, the battery might be too dead to activate it.

FWIW, battery voltage of only 4.5 is well beyond D-E-A-D and may not be able to be charged.

This is a good time to check battery terminals and connection to ground. Corroded connections can lead to issues like this. Lead Acid battery terminals should be removed, cleaned well (to shiny metal) and reconnected at least annually to insure good performance

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2004 Nissan Titan
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 07:25 PM   #3

Problem Solved !! batteries were to low to engage solenoid she is charging fine now. going to install battery on/off to stop the constant drain.

Tags
batteries, charging, power