Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2013, 07:56 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom50mg View Post
Hi Garrette, I checked the continuity of the feed wire,there is none! I can not follow the wire because it goes up through the frame.That is why I ran a new circuit....
You are correct. Without continuity, you have a separation somewhere. You did what I would have done and run a new wire. Hope your problem get resolved.
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:13 PM   #22

I had the same problem with my 2012 Salem 27RKSS this past weekend.
We were listening to the stereo and had the led lights on in the kitchen.
We ran the generator for the Mrs's shower, made a pot of coffee. When we shut the generator off we lost the radio, the lights and the fridge and the radio
We have the slide out working all the time (because I understand it runs direct line which is most likely why I have 2 white lines coming off the battery and one power red line.
What's interesting is that when I connect one battery cable to a post and touch a second wire to the second post I get no spark at all.

on my panel it says that there is a main breaker which I cannot locate.
Any suggestions?
I may have to take the trailer in for servicing where as its still under warranty until end September.

Got home and ran power from my garage to the trailer and we have lights, fridge, CO detector, radio.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:54 PM   #23
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilCop4523 View Post
I had the same problem with my 2012 Salem 27RKSS this past weekend.
We were listening to the stereo and had the led lights on in the kitchen.
We ran the generator for the Mrs's shower, made a pot of coffee. When we shut the generator off we lost the radio, the lights and the fridge and the radio
We have the slide out working all the time (because I understand it runs direct line which is most likely why I have 2 white lines coming off the battery and one power red line.
What's interesting is that when I connect one battery cable to a post and touch a second wire to the second post I get no spark at all.

on my panel it says that there is a main breaker which I cannot locate.
Any suggestions?
I may have to take the trailer in for servicing where as its still under warranty until end September.

Got home and ran power from my garage to the trailer and we have lights, fridge, CO detector, radio.
Have you tried some of the things suggested in the 1st page of the thread?

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:23 AM   #24

I have a 2006 LDT206 pop up. The interior lights quit working. I replaced the bulbs and checked the fuses. All was fine- any ideas?
Thanks,
FanninGirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:01 AM   #25

thanks guys for the hinmts... NO seriously!
Checked teh 2 40 Amp fuses inside first - both were good.
so in teh pouring rain I followed my positive lead from the battery and located not one but two resetable boxes near the front where the wiring becomes a snake pit. reset both and now everything works.
Ordered the self resetting boxes today at the 55 AMP breakers 10 bucks plus 13% tax

Tags
fridge, light