Old 04-30-2013, 04:06 PM   #11

Just had this problem with our Sunseeker. The thread is under the Sunseeker forum. First check all your battery connections and if that doesn't solve it climb under your RV and start following wires. I had to do it at 11 at night with a flashlight but I found a Butt splice that had come loose and it caused us to loose all 12 volt power.

Old 04-30-2013, 04:46 PM   #12

Just curious. So Rambler Guy, you are saying that your battery storage disconnect switch is a toggle on/off switch and not a center detent momentary on/off switch?

Old 05-01-2013, 12:01 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
Just curious. So Rambler Guy, you are saying that your battery storage disconnect switch is a toggle on/off switch and not a center detent momentary on/off switch?
It is a rotary selector switch, not a momentary switch. I can't be sure of the model number but it looks like this one:

e-Series On Off Battery Switch - Blue Sea Systems

Old 05-03-2013, 11:00 AM   #14

I forgot to mention that there's a schematic of the BCC pasted on the inside of the access panel. I don't remember if it shows everything there or just the printed circuit board and its fuse identifications.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:08 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblerGuy View Post
It is a rotary selector switch, not a momentary switch. I can't be sure of the model number but it looks like this one:

e-Series On Off Battery Switch - Blue Sea Systems

I'll add to my previous post. The coach batteries are under the entry steps on Sunseekers and Foresters, and maybe also on Lexingtons. It's easy and simple to run a cable from the battteries to the manual switch. On Class A's and trailers, batteries are remote from the entry door, so a switch controlling a solenoid may make more sense than running cables.

A short cable run with a manual switch is nice and simple. The switch is marine rated for salt water service and seems to be heavy duty. Not having a solenoid eliminates a possible failure point. I like simple and stout.
Old 05-03-2013, 12:27 PM   #16

Thanks for the help everyone. I've printed up all your comments to keep in my motor home or rig as most folks seem to say. First I checked the battery cables only to find they were very corroded and one was loose. Wing nuts secure the cables. I've cleaned them, and hopefully this corrects my 12 volt issue. Here's a pic.

Oh, one more question. My rig only has music from the cab. No entertainment system. Will the battery from my engine run down if I'm playing the radio and im connected to shore power? Thanks again for the help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-838444811.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	29516  
Old 05-03-2013, 09:34 PM   #17

If you are plugged in to shore power, the Battery Control Center will connect the coach 12 volt system to the chassis 12 volt battery once the convertor brings the coach system's voltage up enough. It will prevent your radio from draining the chassis battery.

Here’s a link to the manual on the BIRD, which is part or the BCC, which control the solenoid that connects the battery system.

http://www.dodgenmobiletech.com/sites/default/files/Intellitec%20Bi-Directional%20Isolator%20Relay%20Delay.pdf