Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-24-2016, 03:05 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorSnrub View Post
If your battery is down a volt or so the inverter drops out.
Thats all predicated on the threshold voltage and a good quality PSW inverter will alarm prior to shutting down.

The cheaper the inverter, the less tolerant they are of low voltage dropout.

My Prosine not only alarms, warning you of a low voltage situation it alerts you via a light on the remote panel.
SidecarFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 12:48 PM   #22

I have run several inverters wired in different ways from stand alone to fully integrated. Our most recent setup was mounted as follows, and will be the same in our new TT.
Our 1500w modified sine wave inverter was mounted in the front pass through, 0 gauge welding cable 6ft long with an inline 150A breaker from two 2 225ah 6v GC batteries. From the inverter I ran HD shielded cable through the floor in the pass through and along the frame and back through the floor at the control center where I ran everything into a Go Power transfer switch.
We were very happy with the Modified Sine inverter and it worked flawlessly with everything except the microwave. Microwaves in general don't really like modified sine but will run on them, but only at about half power. Not really a big issue for us as we don't really use it often due to its power consumption...... We have a generator for that. That being said, we will eventually change over to a pure sine due to it's obvious advantages.

We also ran a 260 watt solar system on our previous TT and will be installing solar on our new one as well.

You will be happy with the Go Power inverter.. Our next one will be Go Power as well.
mikakuja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 05:54 PM   #23

inverters

Looks a lot like what I am going to do. I have already installed a 150 watt psw for the electronics. Now I want to add a 1500 wat msw to power the small appliances.
markb422 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inverter