Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2014, 10:19 AM   #11
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Isregina, just so you know, TT stands for Travel Trailer, not tent trailer, on RV forums.

as others have said, your outlets do NOT run on battery power. they only operate when you have the shore cord plugged into electric hookups.

you may have tripped the resettable breaker. they are silver or gray and have a tiny black button to reset it.
it almost always is hidden along the wiring in the A-frame.
I see, thanks for the info, ill follow the wires under the frame and try to locate this button.
__________________

__________________
Isregina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 10:35 AM   #12
Member
 
rbneron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 65
Also, none of the overhead lights will work unless the sink is flipped up. There is a safety switch to prevent the lights being activated with the top lowered. Verify your sink is upright and that the wires to this switch weren't knocked loose (common, as they're moved every time the sink
Is raised and lowered).
__________________

__________________
rbneron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 11:24 AM   #13
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbneron View Post
Also, none of the overhead lights will work unless the sink is flipped up. There is a safety switch to prevent the lights being activated with the top lowered. Verify your sink is upright and that the wires to this switch weren't knocked loose (common, as they're moved every time the sink
Is raised and lowered).
I'll check this as well, thanks for the tip!
__________________
Isregina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 11:39 AM   #14
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 13
First off apologies if any of my questions seem dumb, but I am completely new to this and appreciate any and all the advice I can get.

So, I inspected all the wires along the frame and they are all intact and in good shape, however I did not locate any reset button along any of these wires. There is a main fuse right after the positive terminal at the battery and that is all, no button or switch, just the fuse.

I then inspected the junction box fuse terminals (without the battery connected) and found that one of them (labeled lights) is showing 0 ohms across the terminals, so I am thinking this might be the culprit for my issue ? What should be my next step ?
Here is a pic:
__________________
Isregina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 12:23 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
raspivey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Brazoria County, Texas
Posts: 1,360
My last trailer was a 2280BH, so I'm fairly familiar with them. When you say 0 ohms, do you mean infinite? 0 would be no resistance and would actually be fairly accurate checking it across those terminals...at least it should be very little. Do you happen to have any outside 12V lights? Also, do you have any other 12V accessories like a power roof fan or propane furnace? If you do, see if they'll work with the 110V unplugged. If it's only the inside lights not working, you could try finding the power wires to the overhead lights. It's sewn into the canvas on the side by the galley. Mine had a connector down by the trailer body that had come unplugged at one time. If it's not unplugged, unplug it and check voltage at the trailer end. If you don't have any, move back to the galley switch(es) and check voltage on the converter side.

Also, something to check...will the lights run when plugged into the 110V at the house?
__________________
2015 Chevy Silverado LTZ - HD tow package
2017 Rockwood 2703WS Emerald Edition
raspivey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 10:16 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
VinceU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isregina View Post
First off apologies if any of my questions seem dumb, but I am completely new to this and appreciate any and all the advice I can get.

So, I inspected all the wires along the frame and they are all intact and in good shape, however I did not locate any reset button along any of these wires. There is a main fuse right after the positive terminal at the battery and that is all, no button or switch, just the fuse.

I then inspected the junction box fuse terminals (without the battery connected) and found that one of them (labeled lights) is showing 0 ohms across the terminals, so I am thinking this might be the culprit for my issue ? What should be my next step ?
Here is a pic:
There are four fuses missing from the DC bus marked 15 and 8 amps. Did you pull these for your tests?
__________________
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 11:03 PM   #17
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceU View Post
There are four fuses missing from the DC bus marked 15 and 8 amps. Did you pull these for your tests?
Yes,
__________________
Isregina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 08:53 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
VinceU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,502
That converter also also handles distribution. To test outputs ground one lead of your tester and touch each fuse clip with the other. 4 should be hot and bottom 4 will be open
__________________
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 02:37 PM   #19
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by raspivey View Post
My last trailer was a 2280BH, so I'm fairly familiar with them. When you say 0 ohms, do you mean infinite? 0 would be no resistance and would actually be fairly accurate checking it across those terminals...at least it should be very little. Do you happen to have any outside 12V lights? Also, do you have any other 12V accessories like a power roof fan or propane furnace? If you do, see if they'll work with the 110V unplugged. If it's only the inside lights not working, you could try finding the power wires to the overhead lights. It's sewn into the canvas on the side by the galley. Mine had a connector down by the trailer body that had come unplugged at one time. If it's not unplugged, unplug it and check voltage at the trailer end. If you don't have any, move back to the galley switch(es) and check voltage on the converter side.

Also, something to check...will the lights run when plugged into the 110V at the house?
The other terminals all show no conductivity between them, which is what you would expect without the battery and fuse connected.
Unfortunately I only have the indoor ceiling lights and nothing outside, I plugged it in last night and did get power to the recepticals but still no lights. I will try out the furnace/fridge tonight to see if the power problem is isolated to only the ceiling lights.
__________________
Isregina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 03:35 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
raspivey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Brazoria County, Texas
Posts: 1,360
The converter will supply 12V even without a battery connected, so make sure you're unplugged when you try the furnace. That way you can tell if the problem is between the battery and the converter or on the other side of the converter.

Actually....never mind, just reread that. You don't have lights even when plugged in, so it's got to be downstream of the converter.
__________________

__________________
2015 Chevy Silverado LTZ - HD tow package
2017 Rockwood 2703WS Emerald Edition
raspivey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
electric, electrical, forest river

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:58 PM.