Old 07-21-2016, 02:54 PM   #41

Shutterbug,

Did you install the fans as intake or exhaust? Obviously if intake they will themselves be cooler, but with the apparent intake filter, you must have installed them as exhaust. Why?

Is 220 cfm (2x110) enough?

BTW, it took some time ^ calls, but here are the fans on EBAY
http://www.ebay.com/itm/AC-Cooling-F...QAAOSwwo1XfZ-L

Old 07-21-2016, 03:04 PM   #42

I like it, very creative, nice job.

Old 07-21-2016, 03:09 PM   #43

Just bought our first TT. Now what generator do we buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25FKS View Post
Shutterbug,

Did you install the fans as intake or exhaust? Obviously if intake they will themselves be cooler, but with the apparent intake filter, you must have installed them as exhaust. Why?

Is 220 cfm (2x110) enough?

BTW, it took some time ^ calls, but here are the fans on EBAY
http://www.ebay.com/itm/AC-Cooling-F...QAAOSwwo1XfZ-L

They are intake.
Bottom of box is beveled at the void for the fans to get air. Opposite side is the exhaust vent.

Old 07-21-2016, 03:12 PM   #44

Thanks, I just noticed your base bevel. What made me think they were exhaust was the actual exhaust has material over the exit. What and how thick is that material?

How much clearance did you allow between inside of wall material and generator?
Old 07-21-2016, 03:14 PM   #45

Champion Genie

We brought a 3100W Inverter Champion Generator $999.00 in Costco. Runs the whole trailer including Air Conditioner and I would say its as quiet as a honda if not quieter. And I'm pretty sure the generator is lighter than a honda. Personnally I wouldn't spend the money on a honda.
Old 07-21-2016, 03:49 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmoor View Post
We brought a 3100W Inverter Champion Generator $999.00 in Costco. Runs the whole trailer including Air Conditioner and I would say its as quiet as a honda if not quieter. And I'm pretty sure the generator is lighter than a honda. Personnally I wouldn't spend the money on a honda.
Windmoor, your Champion 3100W has a running watt rating of 2800, which is only 23.3 Amps continuous. If you have a 30 Amp trailer you will just need to monitor what is turned on and when. It will be fine as long as you don't try to run the AC and microwave, or electric skillet, or toaster at the same time. Some of the newer AC units don't pull many Amps, so that helps also.
I like Hondas, just can't justify the cost for no more than we dry camp.
D_B Travelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 04:10 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Rhino View Post
If you look at the OP's other posts, you will note that they are towing a newly purchased 5800 lb. 2013 Coleman Dutchman with a 2007 Ford F-150 w/4.6 V8 and plan on full-timing for a year... Therefore, IMO, every pound counts...

A couple months ago I bought (2) WEN 56200i 2000-Watt for $379 each. They are quiet, small, and I can carry one in each hand. The engines are an exact clone of the Yahamas, probably made in the same Chinese shop to the same specs, so IMO a great bang/buck in this price-range.

For home/shop use we have a generator like the Champion 3500 & it's hard for me to load into the PU by myself. It also guzzles more gas so you have to factor in more fuel space/weight/costs...
We have the Yamaha, do you think you could purchase this model as a second generator and use parallel cable to run AC?
Old 07-21-2016, 04:14 PM   #48

If price is not an object---then a Honda....if it is and you just want basic power I would recommend this----A Ryobi 2200 W from Home Depot....Ryobi 2,200-Watt Green Gasoline Powered Digital Inverter Generator-RYI2200 - The Home Depot
Old 07-21-2016, 04:32 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by rroget View Post
If price is not an object---then a Honda....if it is and you just want basic power I would recommend this----A Ryobi 2200 W from Home Depot....Ryobi 2,200-Watt Green Gasoline Powered Digital Inverter Generator-RYI2200 - The Home Depot
My question was whether or not you can connect two different makes of generators together.
Old 07-21-2016, 04:41 PM   #50
Moderators' Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamacast View Post
My question was whether or not you can connect two different makes of generators together.
NO!

'07 Roo 23SS pushing an '07 Chevy Avalanche
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
generator